Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Update on Bug Defects getting enhanced in v18

Copper Contributor

Update on Bug Defects getting enhanced in v18

Prior to Ben L's departure, he asked that we request info on bug deffects being addressed in v18 in the community forum, so here I am.

Can someone from the support team enlighten us on the critical bugs looking to be resolved with the release of v18?

Outlook Sync?

Smart Tasks?

Net Framework issues?

APFW Bugs?

etc

Thanks, 

Allen

Administrator

Re: Update on Bug Defects getting enhanced in v18

Hi Allen,

I've passed over your request for this info to the Product Management team to update when they have information to share.
Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Being 'passed over' sounds about right.

I have been trying to that info with the help of Matt Woods (now departed) for over 5 years.  Good luck!!!

-- Jim Durkin

Administrator

Hi Allen,

A list of resolved defects is generally published at the same time as our Beta release.

I'm just confirming this is planned for our v18 Beta this week. If there are any delays I'll get a manual report produced for you. I understand this is critcal information for our ACCs and development partners to have.

Regards,

Stuart 

Bronze Super Contributor

What about the entire list of all known defects and feature request in the product and the SDK?

A few years ago, I squandered time sending the development team multiple SDK bugs and SDK feature requests. All of which went into a black hole. Reading a list of resolved defects is OK for some people I guess. As a partner waiting until the beta build does not help our development needs. What about having us sign an NDA and allowing us to join the discussions of the known SDK issues and feature roadmaps.

Brian was starting to do a monthly SDK meetings which I though was heading in a good direction. But alas, those meetings have all but dried up.

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin

Administrator

Understood, thanks Jim.

I'd love to see progress in these areas too. There are definitely some short and long term improvements we can make around the visibility of defects, fixes and feature requests.

I'll see if the defect list I mentioned above can incorporate the SDK (traditionally it doesn't, but I'm sure this detail can be added). I'll also ensure that your feedback around sessions to discuss issues and support development partners reaches these relevant ears internally. Note that we do have recruitment in progress for a new developer support role, and I think this will be key to bringing in some of these changes.

Regards,

Stuart

Administrator

I have attached the list of closed defects which will be made available with our v18 Beta release soon. All Beta feedback we address will of course be added to this list and recirculated to partners.

I'm still awaiting information around SDK defects, but hope to have this soon. I'd ask that you please keep this document within the Developers Lounge for the moment, as there may be some slight changes prior to our Beta announcement.

Regards,

Stuart

Administrator

I'll bring up the Dev meetings at the conference.  Long story short, my workload has greatly expanded and after the first 2 or 3 meetings attendance dropped off significantly to 1-3 people...