Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to save custom field values at TBL_CONTACT through Opportunity

Tuned Listener

Unable to save custom field values at TBL_CONTACT through Opportunity

I have created additional custom fields in 'TBL_CONTACT' table. Also I have created a custom tab at Contact level which have a button named as Save. When I click on save button, it saves the custom field values using Update() method of CurrentContact object. 

Now I created a new contact at Opportunity level using 'Contacts' tab. When I click on that contact it shows the contact information. But on click of Save button of my custom tab it does not update the custom field values ....  I have also called  'RefreshData()' method of the 'CurrentContactList' but that also doesn't work here. 

Please have a look on this.. 

Waiting for a response.. 

Sincerely,

Dinesh.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Unable to save custom field values at TBL_CONTACT through Opportunity

Are you using CurrencyManager to bind your controls to the contact/opportunity?

What behavior are you seeing when you hit your save button?  i.e. is the form redrawing but with the existing data / or is the data filled with nothing?

Most of the time when I see something like this (you can read data but not update/create it) it's because there is no real data binding occurring in the custom code. Setting the value of a property in a custom control doesn't necessarily bind the control to that property/object.  Don't take offense if you are data binding as this is just a general observation about the behavior/issue youa re reporting.

Tuned Listener

Hi Allen,

I am not doing any data binding.. I am just setting the value ofeach column using 'Contact' object (Act.Framework.Contacts.Contact) and finallyupdating that object with Update() property (MutableEntity.Update())..

It is working fine when I do it from Company level but it is notworking when I do it from Opportunity level..

Waiting for a response....

Sincerely,

Dinesh.
Tuned Listener

Hi Allen,

We got the answer.. 

We assigned the Contact by calling the CurrentContact() method.Now we changed it (assigned the Contact by calling theGetContactsByID(SortCriteria[], Guid[]) method) and it is working fine.

Have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Dinesh.