Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to See Custom Buttons in Act Premium (Web) but Can in Windows Instance

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Unable to See Custom Buttons in Act Premium (Web) but Can in Windows Instance

[ Edited ]

Version: Act! Premium (Web) Version 20.1.120.0, Update 5

In the Company Detail view we have dded a new field (VP Customer) and 2 custom buttons that launch integrations with our ERP system (Invoice Rpt and VP Update): (this view is from the desktop client installed by Act Premium Web)

ActWebPic1.png

The Invoice Rpt and VP Update buttons were added through the Layout Designer using the Custom Toolbox menu: (this view is from the desktop client installed by Act Premium Web)

ActWebPic2.png

In the Web Client (running Google Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)) I see the VP Customer field but the buttons are not appearing:

ActWebPic3.png

In the Web Client - Basic Company Layout Designer (running Google Chrome Version 66.0.3359.139 (Official Build) (64-bit)) I see where the Invoice Rpt and VP Update buttons are placed but there is not "Custom" area of the toolbox and they do not show in the layout the user sees. 

ActWebPic4.png

Is this functionality that is not yet available in the Act Premium Web version? I did some searching on the community forums but didn't see exactly what I was looking for. 

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author pprivon
‎05-17-2018 08:53 AM
Administrator

Re: Unable to See Custom Buttons in Act Premium (Web) but Can in Windows Instance

The SDK is exclusively a framework for interacting with the desktop client.

While it's theoretically possible to write integrations that would works for both, we don't provide the supported developer frameworks for modifying the APFW experience.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Administrator

Re: Unable to See Custom Buttons in Act Premium (Web) but Can in Windows Instance

The Custom Toolbox in the layout designer isn't a native part of Act! - is this an addon you have installed?

If so - most addons don't carry over to the web version.

Thank you for the response Jon.

Is there an effective way we can develop an integration with Act! using the SDK that will work in both the Act Premium desktop and Act Premium (web) clients. These are basically just accessing a SQL Server instance/db separate from the ACT7 instance and updating values or pulling data for reporting purposes. This integration is working great in the desktop instance of Act but I'd rather not develop one integration for Act Premium desktop and a separate integration using the Act Premium Web API that are going to have the same functionality.

Highlighted
Solution
Accepted by topic author pprivon
‎05-17-2018 08:53 AM
Administrator

The SDK is exclusively a framework for interacting with the desktop client.

While it's theoretically possible to write integrations that would works for both, we don't provide the supported developer frameworks for modifying the APFW experience.