Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Topline Designer - Create Activity Script snippet

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Topline Designer - Create Activity Script snippet

Hello,

I am trying to insert the supplied snippet to have an activity created when the ok button is pressed on my TopLine input window. I have inserted the following code

CreateActivitypopup("Call", Now, Now.AddMinutes(15), _
"ActFwk.CurrentUser.DisplayName", GetParentContacts(0), _
"Regarding", _
"Details" _
)

However, no activity is created. I have tried using the create history snippet in the same location and it works fine. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author massenv
‎03-21-2017 05:04 AM
Nickel Contributor

Re: Topline Designer - Create Activity Script snippet

That's going to be a Topline question then. Their commands are probably on top of the API, but without knowing what they are doing, there is no way anyone here can really help (unless it's someone from Topline).

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nickel Contributor

What is "CreateActivitypopup"? Is that a routine you wrote using the API or is that something specific to Topline Designer? I ask because you may have to get in touch with Topline if it is specific to their product.

CreateActivityPopup is the command TopLine uses to bring up a schedule activity window. When used I get no errors indicting that there is a problem with the code, but no window is populated or Activity created. When I use their snippet for history creation it works with no problem.

I cannot find CreateActivityPopup in the API documentation, only CreateActivity(), which is not defined when I try to use it in place of CreateActivityPopup.
Solution
Accepted by topic author massenv
‎03-21-2017 05:04 AM
Nickel Contributor

That's going to be a Topline question then. Their commands are probably on top of the API, but without knowing what they are doing, there is no way anyone here can really help (unless it's someone from Topline).
Highlighted

Fair enough. Thanks for your replies!