I have an issue that I'm hoping someone else has seen before or could shed some light on.
Our database has Group Entities which represent a File #.
The name of each group is the File #.
We use the SDK for this CRM to create the next available File #.
Essentially it works like this:
- we have a boolean field which is set to True for the Last Created File #
- the user clicks the "Create Next File #" button when they want to create a new File.
- a function runs that gets the name of the File # which has the Last Created File field set to True
- it adds 1 to that File # and creates a new File #.
- then it sets the Last Create File field to false on the previous # and sets the field to True on the newly created File #
This part works fine and does things like duplicate checking etc which is not relevant for my issue.
The issue for us is that we have introduced a Remote database which has the same functionality and it syncs with out main database.
Now there is the opportunity for duplicate File #'s to be created if the Remote Database has not synced yet.
I would trigger a sync to happen on the Remote database before the function mentioned above happens but it does take a long time and they would also have to sync again after the function has ran which would eat up too much time for the user.
We were thinking for a quick workaround that we would create a similar field for the Remote Database and give a block of File #'s for that Remote database to create but I feel like there must be a better way to achieve this.
Anyone have any suggestions on a better method? Apparently doing away with the Remote Database is not an option unfortunately.