Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Templates disappeared

Templates disappeared

All of my templates disappeared one day. The standard ones that came with the product and the ones I created are now gone. I did not change my preferred settings and checked to see that it is still set for Microsoft Word. How can I get them back? Or at least get one, so I can edit and easily create others. Thanks!

Employee

Re: Templates disappeared

You could grab the templates from another DB, create a new one if need be. The supplemental file folder created with the DB files will contain new template files.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Hi Matthew,

Thank you for your reply. I only have one database.How do I get to the supplemental file folder you refer to?

Thanks,

Jacquelyn

Employee

Whenever you create a database it creates 3 files (.pad, .adf and .alf) along with those three files is a folder who's name will be Databasename-database files, inside of this folder will be a folder called templates. There should be a demo database installed as well as your database, you can copy the files from it. It's location should be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Databases but may vary.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Thanks!