Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Strange Field Behaviour in Plug-in - Can't change date

Copper Contributor

Strange Field Behaviour in Plug-in - Can't change date

I have strange, transient behaviour with a plug-in that I hope someone can help with.

I wrote a customized plug-in which includes a date field.  Though viewable by all, the ability to edit data in this new table is limited to a single team.  2 Team members are standard users, one is an administrator.  Only one of the standard users is unable to change a date field.  The input information is completely ignored for the date.  However all other data input is no problem.

To add to the confusion, this problem cropped up mid-day a few days back, with no preamble.  Rebooting the computer in question temporarily 'fixed' the situation but it cropped up again after a few hours.

Using Act Premium 2011.  Completely mystified.

Employee

Re: Strange Field Behaviour in Plug-in - Can't change date

Just so I'm clear on what the issue is; we have a date field with limited access. There are 3 people (one admin, 2 std users) who should be able to edit the field but one of the standard users is unable to?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

Yes, that's the issue in a nutshell.  It's intermittent and baffling.  Also, all told, all the fields in the plug-in input form are equal.  Mostly text boxes, with a few drop downs and a single date input.  That is the field that's an issue currently.

Employee

Does the issue always occur with the same user and on the same machine? I'm assuming yes to the latter since you mentioned rebooting temporarily resolved the issue. Is the field inaccessible or are they able to input data into the field but it vanishes afterwards?

Recreating the user may resolve the issue, but doesn't explain it. 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

It is in fact the same user and the same computer.  Std. user's machine is Windows 7 and the other tests were conducted on a Vista machine though I don't know if that's an issue (all x64 versiosn of the OS).  Will try to recreate the user and see if it makes a difference.