Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Starting SDK ACT2009- Looking for starters book.

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Starting SDK ACT2009- Looking for starters book.

I am new and have a small knowledge of Visual Basic from the past,and likes to write  from other databases data to ACT 2009.

resp. import to one to many relations into ACT2009.

For starting I have the startup programs,according SDK requirements,available.

I have started with SDK and wonder where to look for connecting to ACT2009 for browsing and then writing data to some fields.

What is a good book to start, to setup and do this work step by step, maybe Visual Basic for Dummies? or is there

a better book specially for ACT simple programming.

Thanks for helping someone, doing his first steps in this new SDK ACT 2009 world .

William.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Petrovlis
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Starting SDK ACT2009- Looking for starters book.

William -

Although you know VB, you might want to take a little time and learn how to get around in C#...

It seems that there is a lot more developer code floating around in C# than there is in VB and as you are learning, being able to look at code you understand from others' examples is a BIG help.

I too wanted to stay in VB, but the dearth of code examples available both in the SDK examples and here and elsewhere was inhibitive, so I threw in the towel...

I have been pleased to find that C# 2008 is not too much of a learning curve coming from VB.  I found a book that I think is a super primer for both basic and 'deep' stuff - "Pro C# 2008 and the .Net 3.5 Platform".  Check it out...

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Petrovlis
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Starting SDK ACT2009- Looking for starters book.

William -

Although you know VB, you might want to take a little time and learn how to get around in C#...

It seems that there is a lot more developer code floating around in C# than there is in VB and as you are learning, being able to look at code you understand from others' examples is a BIG help.

I too wanted to stay in VB, but the dearth of code examples available both in the SDK examples and here and elsewhere was inhibitive, so I threw in the towel...

I have been pleased to find that C# 2008 is not too much of a learning curve coming from VB.  I found a book that I think is a super primer for both basic and 'deep' stuff - "Pro C# 2008 and the .Net 3.5 Platform".  Check it out...