Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Some assistance with Plugins required...

Some assistance with Plugins required...

I have a simple scenario that I am trying to implement but I'm having a few problems getting it working, so I'm hoping someone out there could give me a few pointers...

I am building an application that will screen-pop a contact in ACT! 11 based on a contact's name.

I have built a plugin using the simple template given in other posts. This I copy to the ACT plugins directory and successfully loads since I placed a MessageBox.Show() just to confirm this. To this plugin I have added a public method called DisplayContact(...) which takes a customer name as a parameter. This method looks up the contact in the ACT database and displays the detail view for this contact.

Now, the issue I am having is passing the name of the required contact to this plugin from another C# application.

How to I reference the plugin DLL and call the exposed method? 

How do I do this? or, is there a better wayto achieve this result?

Any help or guidance very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Steve

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Some assistance with Plugins required...

Thanks for the pointer.

Does anyone have a full code sample as I'm both new to ACT and new to all this MarshallByRefObject stuff?

I've tried many variations but still not having much success Smiley Sad

Many thanks.

Steve

Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Steve,

The easiest way to do this without having to marshall data is to use Kevin Ritch's middleware for act.  It basicall writes the name / contact id out to a file which ACT! polls and then pops the record.  He'll probably chime in here if he's reading this.

Tom

[ Edited ]

Thanks Tom,

I've had a look at this, but would much rather do it myself using the SDK.

I've looked through the SDK but just can't believe the lack of full examples.

This should be so simple to do. When I did it for Outlook it took less than an hour!

Code snippets are not much value unless you can see them in a wider context, which is what I need here.

Some full examples in the SDK would make life so much easier. Smiley Wink (IMHO)

Steve

Message Edited by OakAdmin on 10-16-2008 03:38 AM