Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Single history

Bronze Super Contributor

Single history

[ Edited ]

Does anybody have an example of how to get a single history?

I know you can get histories per contact like so...

HostFramework.Histories.GetHistories(null, cContact)

But I want to get just a single history by its GUID.

My brain is fried today looking at the ACT SDK again......

-- JIm Durkin

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Single history

I think I use get histories by ID and pass it a signle ID and then open hList(0).

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

That does not work. We had this discussion a few years ago.

If you pass a guid to the getHistories it expects a top level entity GUID, not he guid for a single history.

Maybe I can get a response from somebody at Swiftpage? I think after developing add-on for 8 years I may deserve a little attention from en employee.

-- Jim Durkin

Silver Super Contributor

You must be younger than me if you can remember conversations that we had several years ago.  ;-)

Now that you mention it I don't think there is any way yet to get a single history.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Super Contributor

jimdurkin wrote:

That does not work. We had this discussion a few years ago.

If you pass a guid to the getHistories it expects a top level entity GUID, not he guid for a single history.

Maybe I can get a response from somebody at Swiftpage? I think after developing add-on for 8 years I may deserve a little attention from en employee.

-- Jim Durkin

Hi Jim,

There's currently no way to get any subentity by it's own ID, it's always via the parent entity ID as you said.

You'd have to get all history and then loop through it to get the right one.

There was a discussion about "GetHistorybyHistoryID" and "GetActivitybyActivityID" (etc etc) methods being included so I will re-raise this as a feature request.

Kind regards,

Sam.

Unfortunately I no longer work for Swiftpage International. Please do not send any queries to this account.