Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Simple ACT Database Query in .NET 4.0?

Simple ACT Database Query in .NET 4.0?

Hi, I have just installed ACT! 2010 Trial.

I created a new database and am trying to connect to it using the API.

Firstly I can't seem to compile the framework on its own using a .NET 4.0 C# console application...

As you can see I am missing the Act.Shared.Diagnostics assembly.

Does this some with the ACT installation or the SDK because I can't find it anywhere?

Re: Simple ACT Database Query in .NET 4.0?

Also I forgot to mention after create the new console project, I added the assembly reference Act.Framework.DLL from the GAC:

Which I referenced from: C:\act\assembly\GAC_MSIL\Act.Framework\12.1.181.0__ebf6b2ff4d0a08aa\Act.Framework.dll

Was that the right assembly to reference after install ACT 2010 Trial?

Employee

You should be able to find Act.Shared.Diagnostics in the installation directory, I believe it is the GAC, but regardless a search should turn it up.

And yes, you are using the correct version of your references. One thing to note, Act uses .Net 3.5, so you won't be able to leverage technologies only available in .Net 4.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Hi, I found the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\ACT\Act for Windows\Act.Shared.Diagnostics.dll" and also the same one was in the GAC.

Both of these versions I cannot use though as Act.Framework.dll is requiring a higher version of Act.Shared.Diagnostics.dll than is available:

and...

Employee

They should either both be 12.0.409 or 12.1.181 if I remember correctly. I'd drop them both and add the two references from the same location. What I think may have occurred is we added one from the program files folder where Act was updated while the other came from the installation media.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator