Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Set accessor to a specific team

Set accessor to a specific team

[ Edited ]

In ACT! 12, I need to a assign a specific team for each contact I am creating.

Going through existing posts, I kind of get an idea how to do that but still have few unasnswered questions.

I also need to be able switching between public and limited access for the same contact.

Here are questions:

1. Knowing the name of the user or the team, how can I get the accessor or accessor array for that user or team?

2. If I call objEntity.SetAccessors(arrAccessors) method passing just a single accessor, will this method remove other accessors already assigned to that contact or it will simply add a new accessor to the list of accessors for that entity?

3. How can I switch the contact's access back to public?  

Shall I add "AllUsersAccessor"?  

Shall I remove specific accessors?

Without hardcoding, how can I know which accessors refer to specific team or user and which are of generic nature (like "All Users")?

4. Which method lists all accessors currently assigned to the entity?  

Following the question above, how can I list only those accessors that make the entity's access limited?

Appreciate any suggestions.

- Vadim K

Update based on respoinse from the support:

1. To get the accessors for any entity, including custom and mutable entities, you’d use the GetAccessor method, to which you can pass any mutable entity. This GetAccessor method exists for all entities.
  2. No, if it’s capable and doesn’t create a conflict, it will append. However if the contact has some variety of limited access and you change the access type to all users, all limiting factors will be removed and the access list will be only Everyone.
  3. SetAccessor to all users will remove all access restrictions, as to whether it’s a specific user or team, you can get that from the Accessors Name and Type properties.
  4. GetAccessor, previously there were other methods to accomplish this, but those are going to be obsolete as of next version I believe. I can think of a couple of ways to know if access is limited, first would be to check if only 1 accessor exists and if that accessor is Everyone (all users) or you could iterate through the accessor names and if Everyone isn’t present, then access is limited in some way.