Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Set Color Used by SQL Chart component (v2 - for 2010+)

Bronze Super Contributor

Set Color Used by SQL Chart component (v2 - for 2010+)

Alan -

Someone else may have asked this but I could not find the thread if so...

Is there any way to specify the color that will be used for a graphical presentation of data using the SQL Chart component for dashboards?

I have a dash presenting several line charts, which is cool and swell, but they are all in blue, so things kind of just look blah...

Thanks.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Set Color Used by SQL Chart component (v2 - for 2010+)

Good question - I don't recall seeing this request before so it's new to me.

All of the graphing/charting part of the component is done by the ChartFX component add-in.  I  haven't exposed any charting options on the dashboard designer view so I doubt there's a way to change these (though maybe someone more knowledgeable about CartFX might know a way to change the default settings of the chartFX components in the supporting assemblies??).

I haven't looked at this particular components source code in awhile, but I suspect it might be challenging to expose charting options for each type of chart in the designer view.   

If you're at the perfecting ACT! conference this weekend I'll be in the back on Sunday with my laptop looking at code for these components so remind me there and I'll take a look to see how feasible this would be to change.

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Set Color Used by SQL Chart component (v2 - for 2010+)