01-24-2018 06:05 AM
Basically this is kinda hooks onto this thread: https://community.act.com/t5/Act-Developer-s-Forum/Searching-for-raw-phone-numbers/td-p/114994
Our PBX (telephone system) has software that can connect to Act to automatically give you an indication of who's calling, and a button to jump to their record in Act. Works perfectly for local calls, but international ones go wrong due to the country code being added to the incoming phone number.
The thing is, this used to work, and still works for some international numbers, If I look at the TBL_PHONE table, the records it works for have their country code in the NUMBERDISPLAY column, for example  302 XXXXX5. Others that don't work don't have the country code.
If I decide to edit the working number in Act, for example change the 5 into a 6. Numberdisplay value in the database changes to "302 XXXXX6", no longer including the country code.
Is this behaviour that has changed in the last 3 or 4 versions? Is there a better way to look up phone numbers including their country code now?
If I'd personally have to write it, I'd probably just dump the country code for the initial lookup, get the contacts returned, and then look up their phone numbers country codes using the phone manager to further filter the list. That said we've had this issue as an open bug ticket with the software developer for nearly a year and sadly they haven't resolved it yet.
Hope someone here can shine a light on this so we can point them here.
01-25-2018 02:29 AM
01-30-2018 03:01 AM
02-01-2018 04:33 AM - edited 02-01-2018 04:40 AM
V19 and V20, tested on both, haven't tested on earlier versions.
The PBX software is reading through SDK. Can't say exactly what method they're using as I would have to decompile their code, guessing that would be illegal.
Numbers are always added in act, we don't sync any data to act.
Would be nice if we could have some kind of indicator from swiftpage saying if this behaviour changed, because honestly this software used to work great.
The software developer is blaming stuff on random SDK issues which seem completely unrelated, is not really doing any effort to get this fixed (over 8 months of waiting for a fix).
I'm 100% with you on dropping the CC from the lookup and using the local number, it's what I did in an extra tool I developed for some VOIP software i'm using. Works perfectly.
If I could get an "official" indication saying this behaviour changed, and future lookups should be done without the country code, and then filtered on country code, maybe that could actually be enough to convince the software developer to fix this issue instead of shifting blame around.
In attachment I've added 3 images, a database query result of a record that still got recognised by the PBX software (up until I editted it that is).
So I've got a before image, an image of the edit window, and an after image, last 4 digits blurred out to protect the record's privacy of course.
I could open and close the edit window, save the contact and nothing would happen, untill I change one digit in the number, and then the country code is removed from the numberdisplay column after saving.
02-01-2018 04:41 AM
"I could open and close the edit window, save the contact and nothing would happen, untill I change one digit in the number, and then the country code is removed from the numberdisplay column after saving."
This is unfortunately a long- known strange behaviour I'm aware of since many years
02-01-2018 05:29 AM
02-02-2018 12:46 AM
We've got that set to always display on all of the clients on our database. (And always had, so no change there).
I'm completely not sure when this behaviour started happening, seeing as it only affects phone numbers that got changed and was only noticeable when then PBX software stopped recognising the caller. Could be a rather old thing that happened 3 or 4 versions back since the problem exists in V19 and 20 it has to be before that.