Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Search for custom field and retrun all contact data.

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Search for custom field and retrun all contact data.

Hi there guys ive been lurking for the last few weeks here but finally need to ask a question i cant find answerd. I have a client that has configured ACT pro v16 with custom fields thru the ACT GUI. Now im in the proccess of building a webconsole for them that will allow thier customer service team to access act without viewing everything. I already have it so they can add a contact into the database with thouse custom fields as follows.

act login is completed above

Contact ctct = FW.Contacts.CreateContact();
ctct.Fields["REP", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias] = rep;
        ctct.Fields["TO", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias] = to;
        ctct.Fields["ROOM", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias] = room;
        ctct.Fields["PACKAGE", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias] = package;
        ctct.Fields["PRICE", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias] = price;
        ctct.Fields["type", Act.Framework.MutableEntities.FieldNameType.Alias] = cardType;

Now on the other side i want to be able to query those fileds one of the fileds is called "VERIFIED" in the main contacts area. i would like to be able to search by contacts who are in "PENDING" status and display thier contact data like follows.

Act.Framework.Lookups.CriteriaColumn actColumn = FW.Lookups.GetCriteriaColumn("TBL_CONTACT", "VERIFIED", true);
        Act.Framework.Lookups.Criteria[] actCriteria = {
                    new Act.Framework.Lookups.Criteria(Act.Framework.Lookups.LogicalOperator.End, 0, 0, actColumn, Act.Framework.Lookups.OperatorEnum.EqualTo, "PENDING")
                };
        Act.Framework.Lookups.ContactLookup actLookup = FW.Lookups.LookupContactsReplace(actCriteria, true, true);
        Act.Framework.Contacts.ContactList actContacts = actLookup.GetContacts(null);

the following is the theory so it displays each  item for each contact in pending

foreach Contact cont in actContacts
{
@cont.name
@cont.package   *@ symbol is required for mvc Razor syntax to print
}

Now my problem is it returns "Column is null" but if i change it to a standard column like BUISNESS_EMAIL it will work.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryanlewis2010
‎09-29-2015 01:22 PM
Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Search for custom field and retrun all contact data.

[ Edited ]

I think your problem is here

Act.Framework.Lookups.CriteriaColumn actColumn = FW.Lookups.GetCriteriaColumn("TBL_CONTACT", "VERIFIED", true);

Custom fields almost always have a random number appended to their name, so I doubt the column is actually called "VERIFIED" in SQL. Standard ACT fields have preset column names, so it is safe to use them, but for custom fields, I would recommend that when trying to get the field descriptors, use the "Display Name" of the field

If just looking for one or two fields, I usually like to use filtercriteria rather than lookups. The code below should work for you.

ContactFieldDescriptor cfdVerified = GetCFD("VERIFIED");

ContactList lstContacts = ActApp.ActFramework.Contacts.GetContacts(null, new IFilterCriteria[] 
{ 
     new ComparisonFilterCriteria(cfdVerified, ComparisonFilterCriteria.Operation.Equals, "PENDING")
});

if (lstContacts != null)
{
    //.. Do something
}
        private ContactFieldDescriptor GetCFD(string displayName)
        {
            ContactFieldDescriptor[] arFd = ActApp.ActFramework.Contacts.GetContactFieldDescriptors();

foreach (ContactFieldDescriptor cfd in arFd)
            {
                if ((cfd.DisplayName.ToLower().Equals(displayName.ToLower())))
                {
                    return cfd;
                }
            }
            //Log error as necessary
            return null;
        }
Ahsan Khalid

Chief Technology Officer
Keystroke Quality Computing Inc.
www.keystroke.ca

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ryanlewis2010
‎09-29-2015 01:22 PM
Copper Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think your problem is here

Custom fields almost always have a random number appended to their name, so I doubt the column is actually called "VERIFIED" in SQL. Standard ACT fields have preset column names, so it is safe to use them, but for custom fields, I would recommend that when trying to get the field descriptors, use the "Display Name" of the field

If just looking for one or two fields, I usually like to use filtercriteria rather than lookups. The code below should work for you.

ContactList lstContacts = ActApp.ActFramework.Contacts.GetContacts(null, new IFilterCriteria[] 
{ 
     new ComparisonFilterCriteria(cfdVerified, ComparisonFilterCriteria.Operation.Equals, "PENDING")
});

if (lstContacts != null)
{
    //.. Do something
}
        private ContactFieldDescriptor GetCFD(string displayName)
        {
            ContactFieldDescriptor[] arFd = ActApp.ActFramework.Contacts.GetContactFieldDescriptors();

foreach (ContactFieldDescriptor cfd in arFd)
            {
                if ((cfd.DisplayName.ToLower().Equals(displayName.ToLower())))
                {
                    return cfd;
                }
            }
            //Log error as necessary
            return null;
        }
Ahsan Khalid

Chief Technology Officer
www.keystroke.ca

Thanks Ahsan!

That works awesome at returning the contacts but i cant figure out how to access the column data for the contact all i can get is the Contact name to show doing this:

ContactList cfdList = newPending();

foreach (var Data in cfdList)
 {
     @Data
 }

in theory i would like to accomplish something like this.

ContactList cfdList = newPending();

foreach (var Data in cfdList)
 {
<td>
     @Data
</td>
<td>
     @Data.Email
</td>
<td>
     @Data.CustomField
</td>
etc....
 }

once again thanks!

Copper Elite Contributor

Once you have a ContactFieldDescriptor, you can use the GetValue method to return the value of that field for any Contact.

Example:

foreach (Contact contact in lstContacts)
{
     object o = cfdVerified.GetValue(contact);

//Check for null values. Convert to string or cast the object as necessary
     MessageBox.Show(o == null ? "" : o.ToString());
}
Ahsan Khalid

Chief Technology Officer
www.keystroke.ca

Yes thanks for your repsonse i just was in the proccess of typing that up i cant believe i didnt catcht that earlier. Smiley Very Happy

Have a great day

Ryan Lewis