Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Scheduling Preferences

Nickel Super Contributor

Scheduling Preferences

Anyone know how / where to get at the scheduling preferences?  Specifically I'm after the default priority, ring alarm, etc. for each activity type.

Thanks,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
Employee

Re: Scheduling Preferences

I know for certain we can modify them directly in the preferences206.xml file in the preferences folder, I'm also fairly certain there is a way to do this via the SDK, but I don't have any samples of this already put together.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Nickel Super Contributor

Hi Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

I guess failing SDK access that's one way to do it, although having to determine the correct folder path and file name across multiple regions and versions makes me nervous.  For a one-off project that should work since I'll know those.

Would love to handle this via the SDK though and have less room for error - even if you don't have sample code, I'd just like to know what classes are used for this.

Thanks,

Len

Len Kamerman
ACT! Certified Consultant

Act E-mail Marketing Trainining Course:

http://actsoftware.training
Employee

There are ways to ensure that you get the correct version and local reliable, it was posted elsewhere on this forum and I could probably scrounge it up if need be.

But I understand the preference for having something more striaghtfoward via the SDK, I suspect you'd get to this information from the preference manager class, I'll look into it and get back to you.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Employee

Sorry it took me a while to get back to you on this.

Scheduling preferences, along with the other preferences in this dialog can be modified with UserPreferences.SetValue, there are several overload depending on the type of preference being modified.

Hope this helps.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator