Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SOAP Connection

Copper Contributor

SOAP Connection

Has anyone set up ACT with a SOAP connection to a website or have a plugin/solution for this type of connection? I've done a search and am really surprised that a SOAP connection doesnt seem to be available.

My business partner has the facility to receive these connections and this means I will not have to re-key data onto their website if I can have a SOAP connection from my Act data to my business partner.

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: SOAP Connection

If I'm not mistaken, SOAP is a protocol, or method of accessing/sharing data via a web service.  So, could you write a web service to access the database, export/import XML data - I think this would be possible.  If so, that'd be a SOAP implementation.

Your not going to connect directly to the db using anything out-of-the-box from ACT!, if that's what you meant, you'd have to write something.

Richard Brust
ACT! Certified Consultant
richard@rbrDataSolutions.com
Copper Contributor

We have built an inhouse XML based API which runs as a webservice on top of ACT, through that any application capable of talking over HTTP can interact with ACT.

It is possible to use it to build web-apps on top of ACT or to allow other systems to interact with ACT on the Web, we have a Demo site showing our API with full documenation and sample code, let us know if you are interested in learning more =)

Firas Hermez
Lead Developer
Xact Software Solutions ltd
www.twitter.com/xactsoftware
crminformer.blogspot.com
www.freeactaddons.com

What was the name of this package?

Dustin Oprea

Copper Contributor

It does not have an official name yet, we will be announcing this package Soon ™

Firas Hermez
Lead Developer
Xact Software Solutions ltd
www.twitter.com/xactsoftware
crminformer.blogspot.com
www.freeactaddons.com
sns
Loyal Listener

Dear,

We have done SOAP connection with ACT. And my project is working very well. If you want anything then tell me.