Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SDK Login error

Copper Contributor

SDK Login error

Hi, we have a client with a custom tool we built a few years ago. Now they have a problem when it logges in onto the Act! framework (see below).

What does this error message means?

Act.Framework.CumulativeUserCountException: Error in the application.
at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String userName, String password, String databaseType, String databaseHost, String databaseName, Boolean fireEvents, Boolean suppressTierCheck, Boolean suppressSchemaCheck, Boolean suppressLicenseCheck, Boolean allowTrialModeDeparture, LogonTrack tracklogon)
at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String userName, String password, String databaseType, String databaseHost, String databaseName, Boolean fireEvents, LogonTrack tracklogon)
at Act.Framework.ActFramework.LogOn(String xmlPADFile, String userName, String password)
at ActImporter.AppLogic.Controller.LogOnToACT()

Greetings,

ACT Certified Consultants
TendenZ
the Netherlands
Nickel Super Contributor

Re: SDK Login error

If your "custom tool" goes back to the times of ACT7/8 pls bear in mind that the password encryption method was changed with the Version 9....

Andreas Schlesselmann
Melville-Schellmann GbR
Germany
www.melville-schellmann.de

Can you show us some example code on how you're trying to log into the Framework?

Billy Clark
Swiftpage
Act! Knowledgebase: http://kb.act.com
Highlighted
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sure, this way, like all our other tools (BTW, I only made addons/integrations for Act! 2010 and up):

try
            {
                ActFramework.LogOn(Config.Instance.ACT_PADFile, Config.Instance.ACT_userName, Config.Instance.ACT_passWord);
            }
            catch (Exception error)
            {
                Logger.Instance.Log(error, "Fout bij aanmelden in ACT!");
                Application.DoEvents();
                return false;
            }
            finally
            {
                Cursor.Current = Cursors.Default;
            }

Logger.Instance.Log(null, "Succesvol aangemeld bij ACT!-server");

Greetings,

ACT Certified Consultants
TendenZ
the Netherlands
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have an SDK login error that just appeared in code that had been working fine for months.

Four out of my five databases work as expected with my login code. The fifth does not, though it was working as recently as 3 days ago with no code or server changes (on my part).  The only significant difference with the fifth (that I'm aware of) is that there are 10 users compared to 1 user for the other four.

To repeat, it was working with no changes just a few days ago.

Does this suggest anything I should look at? Azure system changes that happened centrally? The problem is certainly something specific with the status of the one database...not the SDK code itself.

Administrator

Do you have an example of the snippet that's failing?

Any hardcoded values in there that may have changed?