Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Run Code for Contact Lookup

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Run Code for Contact Lookup

Hi all

I wrote some code before i realised it for a single Contact that basically goes into a set folder and copies statement pdf's to the contacts personal folder, all appears to work well except its for a single Contact

To convert code to a Contact Lookup would i simply wrap the code in a ForEach statement that runs through the Contact Lookup List

Just wanted to know if i am barking up the right tree

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonD
‎02-17-2016 09:59 PM
Silver Super Contributor

Re: Run Code for Contact Lookup

That's the way I usually do it.  The only time you can't do it that way is when you are modifying a column that is part of the lookup.  For example creating a lookup based on the ID/Status and then changing the ID/Status when you are updating the contacts.  Sooner or later you will do it without realizing it without your thinking about it and an hour or two later when you figure out what you did you'll feel pretty stupid.  We've all been there but you've been warned!  :-)

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author JasonD
‎02-17-2016 09:59 PM
Silver Super Contributor

That's the way I usually do it.  The only time you can't do it that way is when you are modifying a column that is part of the lookup.  For example creating a lookup based on the ID/Status and then changing the ID/Status when you are updating the contacts.  Sooner or later you will do it without realizing it without your thinking about it and an hour or two later when you figure out what you did you'll feel pretty stupid.  We've all been there but you've been warned!  :-)

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Super Contributor

Thanks Stan

Copper Super Contributor

I got it working but something is getting "error catch" in the contactlist is there anyway without a message box ok button for every contact to flash a message as to which contact in the list it is currently processing????

Silver Super Contributor

Create a small form with a textbox in the middle of it or add a text box to your form and put the name of the contact in the text box.  As the program runs the textbox will be updated by the contacts.  You can also add a progress bar or a counter, etc.

Stan

Stan Smith
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Copper Super Contributor

thanks for your reply Stan, but i think thats beyond my ability, sounds great but i took a stab at doing a form a few months back ended up upside down and turned around so i gave up