Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Retrieving the Private Contacts for a user

Retrieving the Private Contacts for a user

I am trying to retrieve ONLY the private contacts for a user using the code below. However, every time I execute the ACTFM.Lookups, I get a message ""val is not of the type string, string[] or ValueEnum", basically referring that the variable bolTrue should be a string. However, if I use the string "True", it then complains that the column is not of the same type. What can I change here that will make the lookup succeed, i.e. to get a list of private contacts for the logged user.

PrivateFieldDescriptor = ACTFM.Contacts.GetContactFieldDescriptor("TBL_CONTACT.ISPRIVATE", True)
        Dim cLookup As Act.Framework.Lookups.ContactLookup
        Dim bolTrue As Boolean = True
         cLookup = ACTFM.Lookups.LookupContactsReplace(bolTrue, Act.Framework.Lookups.OperatorEnum.EqualTo, PrivateFieldDescriptor, True, True)
         ourContactList = cLookup.GetContacts(Nothing)

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Retrieving the Private Contacts for a user

Hi thatch,

try replacing the line

cLookup = ACTFM.Lookups.LookupContactsReplace(bolTrue, Act.Framework.Lookups.OperatorEnum.EqualTo, PrivateFieldDescriptor, True, True)

with the following line

cLookup = ACTFM.Lookups.LookupContactsReplace(Act.Framework.Lookups.ValueEnum.True, Act.Framework.Lookups.OperatorEnum.EqualTo, PrivateFieldDescriptor, True, True)

Hopefully it should work then.

HTH,

Vivek

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog

Re: Retrieving the Private Contacts for a user

I tried that and I got the error: "Value does not match the column's datatype"

Any other ideas?