Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Retrieving SQL values from a SQL table

Astute Commentator

Retrieving SQL values from a SQL table

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know how to retrieve a SQL table from within the ACT! Framework? For example, I want to retrieve a list of records for table TBL_EMAIL where TBL_EMAIL.ADDRESS matches a value.

I do not want to modify any values on the table, simly get a list of records and then access the fields on the table, namely CONTACTID, COMPANYID or GROUPID.

Could you please provide me with a small code sample?

THank you in advance.

Sincerely,

T

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Retrieving SQL values from a SQL table

Employee

I know the MetaData namespace can provide you with table and column names, but for retrieving this type of information I'd think the OLE would be preferable, is there some reason we're opting not to use it in this scenario?

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Astute Commentator

[ Edited ]

Because it is an act of sheer desperation. I'm just trying to search for a contact with a specific email address using the FilterCriteria methodology and it is terrible. First, I can't find ANY example on this web site of a working contact filter criteria and second, I can't find it on the SDK docs. So, I'm desperate.

Also, the Contact filtering in ACT! does not work when one searches for an Email. It is BUSTED! (see my other post re. retrieving a contact by email address). So I need something that works.

Searching through a database should be really easy but the ACT! SDK has made it almost impossible to do it.

I see that the SQL Email table is just easily accessible and I want to use a straight SQL query to access it. However, I have not found a call on the SDK that I can use to retrieve the required recordset.

So, I am open to any suggestions.

T

Employee

I've posted a code sample in the other thread that shows how to get a lookup of contacts by email.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Bronze Super Contributor

Employee

Bronze Super Contributor