Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Retrieving Calendar Events

Copper Contributor

Retrieving Calendar Events

Hello,

I'm trying to retrieve calendar events through the ACT! SDK. For example, I just set up a testing event for today through the Schedule -> Manage -> Events screen. I now have this event showing at the top of my calendar view for today. I expected that this would be visible like normal activities, but I do not see it. I have some code like:

ActivityFieldDescriptor afdOccurDate = new ActivityFieldDescriptor(ActivityField.OccurDate);

ActivitySortCriteria aSort = new ActivitySortCriteria(afdOccurDate, ListSortDirection.Ascending);

ActivityDateFilterCriteria adfcDateRange = new ActivityDateFilterCriteria(afdOccurDate, dStart, dEnd);

alCriteria.Add(adfcDateRange);

IActivityFilterCriteria[] afcFilter =

(IActivityFilterCriteria[])alCriteria.ToArray(typeof(IActivityFilterCriteria));

// Get the activities.

ActivityList aList = ActFwk.Activities.GetTaskListItems(

aSort, afcFilter, dStart, dEnd,

FirstInstanceRestriction.None, false);

With this, aList contains all the activities I expect for the date range I use, but the events do not show up. Is there another way that I should be accessing these?

Thanks,

- Rob

Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Retrieving Calendar Events

Being that an event has a different interface in the GUI and has differing structure, I would guess that your issue is because events are not an activity...
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Retrieving Calendar Events

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

' Get SCHEDULED EVENTS from under the SCHEDULE MENU in ACT

'---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dim myGlobalEvents As ActivityList = Me.HostApplication.ActFramework.Activities.GetGlobalEvents()

-- Jim Durkin