Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Relationships in the SDK

Bronze Super Contributor

Relationships in the SDK

Are the associations , sorry i mean relationships exposed in the SDK? 

If yes are there any code examples?

thanks

-- jim durkin

Copper Contributor

Re: Relationships in the SDK

Jim,

I'm not clear on your request.  Are you looking for a way, programmatically, to view (for example) the contacts associated with a company? Or are you looking for a way to access the metadata that lists which relationships exist between tables? Or something else?

Geoff

Geoff Blood ("The ACT! Customizer" )
The New Hampton Group

ACT Development Partner
Serving the ACC community since 1994
Bronze Super Contributor

I'm looking for a way to access all the relationsships for the current contact.

How do you read a list of all contacts attached via a relationship?

How do you add a relationship?

How do you update/change a relationship?

How do you delete/remove a relationship?

thanks

-- jim durkin

Copper Contributor

Jim,

Sorry to be so dense, but I'm still not sure what you need.  Do you want to know what all the relationships are, or what all the instances of a specific relationship are?

do you want know all the ways that a contact can be related to other entities, or just which specific other instances of other entities it's related to?

You can get a list of the companies its related to, all the notes its related to, all the activities, all the groups, etc., with various SDK statements.  But are you looking for a list of all those statements?

Geoff

The New Hampton Group

ACT Development Partner
Bronze Super Contributor

Geoff, I'm looking for relationships which is a new feature of ACT 11.1.

There is a new relationship tab in 11.1 that allows the end user to add inter-contact relationships.

Husband-wife , lendor-lendee, kinda like my "The Asssociator" add-on.

thanks

-- jim durkin

Copper Contributor

Well that, at last, makes sense.  I THOUGHT the earlier posts seemed a bit fundamental for you to be asking.  So now I'll get out of the way and hope that Sage comes thru with an answer :-)

Happy T-Day!

Geoff

The New Hampton Group

ACT Development Partner
Copper Contributor

Did you ever receive an answer or find a way of accessing the Contact "Relationships" data?

I am attempting to find this in the SDK and have been searching the SDK docs and online here, but only see posts with people asking and no real answers.

Nickel Elite Contributor

[ Edited ]

Relationship data is exposed in the OLEDB2 Provider as the table Contact_Contact.

Copper Contributor

Thanks - I can view the relationships using the Contact_Contact table.  How do I add relationships to the database?

Nickel Elite Contributor

I'm taking a guess from memory here but I think this entity was exposed under the framework as Associations.

I don't recall if we reference the properties in this entity as entity1 and entity 2 as we do through the provider or from entity/to entity, but either way - knowing how the data is logically stored should help you figure out the object properties.

I've never used this API, but I passed across it in the Object browser a few months back, I believe this is the one for that feature (though I could be mistaken).