Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

RelationShip between contacts

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

RelationShip between contacts

I tried to create relationship between contacts through c# using oledb connection. but i unable to do that because oledb connection is readonly in act (is that true). i want to help how to create relationship between contacts through c# code. is there any class in SDK or any other way to do that.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author yogendra.rajpoot
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Re: RelationShip between contacts

The short answer is, relationships are called associations in the SDK, to create an association you need to acquire the appropriate AssociationManager.

More detail information on this can be found in the SDK documentation, simply do a search for association and it will walk you through the process of creating an association.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Thx for reply. I know about that how to create relationship from ACT GUI panel but i want to make relationship between contacts through c# coding. I know there is a table contact_contact in that kept information about relationship. My question is how i insert a new row or add relationship entry in that table through code not GUI. Is there is any ACT API that i use for that. or any other way to do that. 

Platinum Elite Contributor
Solution
Accepted by topic author yogendra.rajpoot
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

The short answer is, relationships are called associations in the SDK, to create an association you need to acquire the appropriate AssociationManager.

More detail information on this can be found in the SDK documentation, simply do a search for association and it will walk you through the process of creating an association.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Thanks for all i got the solution i solved it through association. Thanks once again.