Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Reinstall ACT! OLE/DB Provider

Copper Contributor

Reinstall ACT! OLE/DB Provider

Hello,

We use the OLE/DB Provider to retrieve data from ACT! databases, and some users have reported this error:

Exception code 0 from ADODB.Connection: Provider cannot be found.  It may not be properly installed.

We have not had much success diagnosing this. One user went as far as reinstalling ACT! (2006), which did not resolve the issue. They then discovered this file through a Google search:

http://www.adsprogramming.com/downloads/act2006oledbinstaller.exe

They ran this installer and the error went away. Does anyone have any information about using this installer, if there is such an installer for the other versions of ACT! (2005,2007,etc) or if there is another known resolution to this problem?

Thanks,

- Rob

Copper Contributor

Re: Reinstall ACT! OLE/DB Provider

The creator of that app appears to be Stan Smith.  I've emailed Stan mentioning that you had some questions about how the app does its thing, so hopefully he'll be able to shed some light on the subject.

Greg Ferber

DesignR1 Software LLC

Silver Super Contributor

Rob,

It isn't anything fancy.  It just installs a file named actoledb.dll into the ACT for Windows, etc. folder and then registers it.  I suspect that you would find that if you just registered the dll that it would solve your problem.

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\ACT\ACT for Windows\actoledb.dll"

For some reason the file itself was missing in some cases with ACT! 2006 so that was the reason that I wrote the installer.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Contributor

Great guys, thanks for the info.

- Rob