Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Registering for Events in ACT!

Tuned Listener

Registering for Events in ACT!

Hello,

I am trying to understand how to catch events that occur in ACT!. The SDK says:

public event MutableEntity.UpdatedEventHandler Updated()

Which is not very helpful because either I am lacking some knowledge (very possible) or this is incorrect as I have never registered for an event handling like hte sdk example??? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You

JB

P.S. This is what I would expect to do for event handling: 

Contact.Updated += new UpdatedEventHandler(ContactUpdated);

Copper Contributor

Re: Registering for Events in ACT!

[ Edited ]

A related thread and some additional info.

http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Pub_Dev&message.id=418&query.id=934991#M418

Hope this helps,

Message Edited by Carlton_Jones on 02-02-2009 05:33 PM
Carlton Jones
Sage Software
Tuned Listener

How did you find this thread other than the fact that you wrote the answer??? I've been searching the forum for several days and the search results never coughed this up?

I believe that will solve my dilema.

Copper Contributor

In all honesty I just knew I had previously made a post on this topic. Smiley Very Happy 

Searching for: ‘Event’ turns up some related threads however. 

I encourage everyone to make use of tags as much as possible (while I am guilty of ignoring them myself) as that will also help future ACT developers find answers to their questions quickly.

Carlton Jones
Sage Software
Tuned Listener

Allright. I'll admit I need a tutorial on Tags. Is there a doc on the cumminty pages I should go review?

JB

Copper Contributor

Fortunately you aren't the first one to ask so I won't have to come up with a nice clean and clear answer. Smiley Very Happy
As for your other questions:
1. What is a "tag"?
A tag is a user chosen word assigned to the post to help identify or specify what the general topic of the post. People will "tag" a post and then use the tag to look for other similar posts. You will see a "tag cloud" on the right -hand-side of the Browse all Boards portion of the community. Each "tag" is a link to take you to all posts that contain the tag.
Carlton Jones
Sage Software