Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Refreshing a custom tab when a contact is loaded

Refreshing a custom tab when a contact is loaded

Hello ACT Developers,

I am working on creating a custom tab in the ACT interface.  I have the plugin working that adds the tab to the ACT UI and it populates with data for the contact the first contact that is viewed when ACT is opened.  I need to know how to refresh the information in the tab when another contact is selected.  Can anyone tell me how to do this?  I am using ACT 8 for now incase this would make a difference.

Thanks,

Nickel Super Contributor

Re: Refreshing a custom tab when a contact is loaded

There is an actapp.currentcontactchanged event, hook this and you can load the data for the next contact as the records changed.

Tom

Would this require a new plugin to capture this event?  I used the example in the SDK to add the tab and this seems to only happen in the initail load.  Can you explain to me the complete process you would use to capture this event and load/update the custom tab.  Do I add/remove the tab for each new contact being viewed, or do I access my custom control (treeview) in the tab abd update it?

Thanks,

Nickel Super Contributor

You can leave the tab and tree view alone, just reload the data into it... below is a very basic sample, hope it helps.

Imports System.Windows.Forms Imports System.Drawing.Design Imports System.Drawing Imports System.ComponentModel.Design Imports Act.Framework Imports Act.UI Public Class Class1 Implements IPlugin Private ActApp As ActApplication 'Reference to the ACT! Application Private Tab As TabPage Public Sub New() End Sub 'New Public Sub OnLoad(ByVal App As ActApplication) Implements IPlugin.OnLoad ActApp = App 'Store a reference to ActApplication AddHandler ActApp.ViewLoaded, AddressOf ActApp_ViewLoaded AddHandler ActApp.AfterLogon, AddressOf ActApp_AfterLogon End Sub 'OnLoad Private Sub ActApp_AfterLogon(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) 'on logon trap the contact changed event AddHandler ActApp.CurrentContactChanged, AddressOf CurrentContactChanged End Sub Private Sub ActApp_ViewLoaded(ByVal Sender As Object, ByVal e As Act.UI.ViewEventArgs) 'create your tab here Tab = New TabPage '.......... End Sub Public Sub OnUnLoad() Implements IPlugin.OnUnLoad '// End Sub 'OnUnLoad Private Sub CurrentContactChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) 'current contact has changed, refresh your data UpdateTab() End Sub Private Sub UpdateTab() 'put your logic to load the data into here '............ End Sub End Class

Tom