Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Refreshing Opportunities in Web

Tuned Listener

Refreshing Opportunities in Web

[ Edited ]

Hi Matthew, I'm not an expert user on SDK, but CRM Senior Consultant, 11 years ACT! fanatic and advanced ACT! user, also ACC with 7 years and many success projects. I would like to learn about SDK, but time is not on my side. For now I need to put a bottom to allow a customer to refresh his browser (IE, Firefox or Chrome) each time he change the Sales Stage for a Sales Opportunity on ACT! for Web, it doesn't do it, you need to refresh by hand each time and that get user angry, they want to see the change of weighted total inmediatly, as it happened in the windows LAN version.

Can you teach how to do it step by step? (very dummy teaching), If you can also give me some tips on how to improve my self on SDK can be a plus for me and many others whom want to learn about.

Thanks, be in touch

Mauricio Dabdoub

ACT! Certified Consultant

General Manager

INDIGOTEC Soluciones Integrales

www.indigotec.cl

Mauricio Dabdoub
CRM ACT! Reseller & Certified Consultant ACC/CRM
CRM & ERP Projects – Consulting – Mktg Strategy – IT Safety – Trainee&Coaching

Mobile Ph.: (569) 83616635
Office Ph.: (562) 494 5910
SKYPE ID: mdabdoub
SKYPE ID2: indigotec

E-mail: contacto@indigotec.cl
Web: http://www.indigotec.cl – www.archline.cl

We suggest Gmail, Skype and ACT! by Sage on www.act.com
INDIGOTEC: CRM ACT! consulting to improve Business
Employee

Re: How to add a button to Opportunity toolbox?

[ Edited ]

Hello Mauricio,

First, want to make sure I understand the issue. We have users working in the browswer, and when changes are made to the Sales Stage field, we want the browser to save the data/refresh so the weighted total is updated?

I'm not sure what your experience level is as a developer so I couldn't know where to being suggesting training and to be frank compared to many of the folks here I'm quite the novice, particularly as a web developer so I'm not certain I'd be the best instructor, if time is a major constraint it might be better to contact a developer and request this, there are several that do custom add-ons.

While there is not a training program for the SDK, there's a very helpful FAQ at the top of this board, a link to the plug-in webinar, as well has an ever increasing number of examples to follow. I've made this post it's own topic so if you have any specific questions about creating this add-on please feel free to post them here.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Tuned Listener

Hi Matthew, thanks for so quick response, as you said we want a refresh of the browser in ACT! for Web 2011 just after a user change the Stage of the Sales opportunity. In the LAN version the Weigted Total field change inmediately, but it doesnt work in the web solution,  the Weigted Total field keeps its value untill you refresh the browser and then change and show the corrrect calculated value. 

Similar with the F5 browser key function, if we can put a buttom on the APFW opportunity layout, it will help a lot and users will be happy and not angry because that handly process (I know that refreshing the browser is not too much work and can be done by hand, but as you know, people want things with hurry. 

About the SDK trainee, I'il show that links and webinars, for sure I´ll find something. If anybody on this site and blog can help me, for example treaching with the button for refreeshing, wil be a plus andfirst job to do on SDK software.

Be in touch

Mauricio Dabdoub

ACC 

Mauricio Dabdoub
CRM ACT! Reseller & Certified Consultant ACC/CRM
CRM & ERP Projects – Consulting – Mktg Strategy – IT Safety – Trainee&Coaching

Mobile Ph.: (569) 83616635
Office Ph.: (562) 494 5910
SKYPE ID: mdabdoub
SKYPE ID2: indigotec

E-mail: contacto@indigotec.cl
Web: http://www.indigotec.cl – www.archline.cl

We suggest Gmail, Skype and ACT! by Sage on www.act.com
INDIGOTEC: CRM ACT! consulting to improve Business
Employee

Meeting user demands is always a challenge, this may seem like a naive comment but it seems like it'd be much slower to have to move your hand over to the mouse to click a button on the layout versus simply hitting F5 on the keyboard.

There may be some better way to approach this/automate it, but I'll have to defer to others on this.

http://www.cracked.com/article_18801_9-video-game-easter-eggs-that-took-years-to-find.html?wa_user1=...
Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator