Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Refresh ACT! for Web via plugin

Copper Elite Contributor

Refresh ACT! for Web via plugin

My developer is trying to refresh ACT! for Web via a plugin, and isn't seeing how it should be done.  He's setting the current contact list successfully, and if a manual browser refresh is done then the correct lookup loads.  Is there any call that can be made to have the ACT! for Web API cause a browser refresh?  And if we can get that far, any way to have it switch to the Contact List/Contact Detail view when doing the refresh?

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Refresh ACT! for Web via plugin

Hi Mark,

I haven't done much APFW stuff and to be honest generally try and stay away from it as much as poss! 

Have you guys tried the Act.UI.ActApplication.RefreshLoadedViews() method

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Platinum Elite Contributor

Pretty sure RefreshLoadedViews() is only on the local machine with the Plugin ... so wouldn't work with Web.

In fact the web version doesn't have a "Refresh" menu item like the desktop.

I haven't played with the web API much either ... Not sure if can send some java script?

But, even if it could, would mean having it in the previous page (so every access of that page would cause the refresh) and there are slight differences depending on the browser (eg FF can also bypass the cache)

Would also cause issues if a pop-up window (eg alarm) was open at the time
Copper Elite Contributor

You've identified all of the same problems that my programmer has.  We can do a workaround, but it'd definitely be better if all of the functionality existed in the APFW plugin instead of having to install and set up multiple different pieces.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic