Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Redirect on Login to a particular record

Redirect on Login to a particular record

We have a another third party system that we want to have URL's that link into ACT to the ContactManager page.  So if they click on it, it takes them to the correct record in ACT.

I figured out that this does that:

https://domain/database/Contacts/ContactDetail.aspx?id=2FA55A21-4497-42F6-8237-00045705E629

However if the user is not logged in they get they are sent to login with the ReturnURL as a query parameter in the address bar.  But when the user logs in they are not redicted to the ContactDetail page.

Is there a way to accomplish this?

Re: Redirect on Login to a particular record

Hmm, I am wondering by the lack of response if I just did not phrase the question well.

Employee

I was hesitan to answer in hopes someone might have a better response.

I'm simply not sure there is a way to automate logon in act for web.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

I really appreciate the response Matthew.

I am not wanting to automate the login but after they do login I want to automatically go to a particular record, is that possible?

For example, the user clicks on the link in the 3rd party app.

https://domain/database/Contacts/ContactDetail.aspx?id=2FA55A21-4497-42F6-8237-00045705E629

If they have previously logged in ACT will pull up that record on the ContactDetail page.

However if they have not logged in; they are prompted for their username, password, and database.  I am fine with that.

But I want to know, is there a way for it to know to then jump to that record AFTER login.

For example, on another app the way they do this is with a page called Redirector.aspx, so if you click on a link that is like so:

ttps://domain/database/Contacts/Redirector.aspx?Contact=2FA55A21-4497-42F6-8237-00045705E629

It logs you into the app but then it knows to send you out to the contact of that ID. 

I was wondering if there was something analogous in ACT.