Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Recuring Activity

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Recuring Activity

[ Edited ]

its a live database, i have done very little new activcities so its in the last 10 or so, and i can probably guess which contact records it would be.

Ok gone through the records edited in the last 2 days and particularly the 4 contacts i have been testing the code on, there no new activities in any of them, they are ones established weeks ago, also to note in the contact the Activities tab shows them all beyond the 29th included

Jason Dawson Financial Planning
Brisbane | Australia - JDFP Home Page

Act Ver - Act! Premium Version 17.1.169.0, Hot Fix 3
OS - Windows 7 (stand alone machine)
MS Office - Enterprise 2007
Phone - Samsung Galaxy s6
Copper Super Contributor

Ok had a brain wave (rare event sometimes) i have OakMerge so i reversed it and tried to download the Activities table to a CSV file

It not work but did throw a error message

OakMerge.Engine.EngineException: Cannot load Source 'ACT!' data. ---> System.ApplicationException: Error: Invalid recur spec. DayType is 'typed' but no typed day exists in the recur spec. at Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityRecurUtility.YMTypedDayExtrusion(ActivityRecurSpec recurSpec, DateTime activityStartTime, DateTime startRange, DateTime endRange) at Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityRecurUtility.MonthlyOccurrences(ActivityRecurSpec recurSpec, DateTime activityStartTime, DateTime startRange, DateTime endRange) at Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityRecurUtility.GetActivityOccurrenceDates(ActivityRecurSpec recurSpec, DateTime activityStartTime, DateTime activityEndTime, DateTime startRange, DateTime endRange) at Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityManagerDB.GenerateActivitiesFromBaseData(ActivityBaseData[] baseDataItems, DateTime startRange, DateTime endRange, Boolean onlyFirstUnclearedInRange, Boolean onlyFirstInstance) at Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityManagerDB.GetActivities(Boolean firstUnclearedOnly, Boolean firstInstanceOnly, DateTime startRange, DateTime endRange) at Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityManager.GetActivities(IActivityFilterCriteria[] filterCriteria, IActivityFilterCriteria[] userFilterCriteria, ActivityAccessor[] accessors, Contact contact, Boolean includeEvents, Boolean firstUnclearedOnly, Boolean firstInstanceOnly, RetrievalMode retrievalMode, DateTime startRange, DateTime endRange) at Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityManager.GetActivityList(ActivitySortCriteria sort, IActivityFilterCriteria[] filterCriteria, IActivityFilterCriteria[] userFilterCriteria, ActivityAccessor[] accessors, Contact contact, Boolean includeEvents, Boolean firstUnclearedOnly, RetrievalMode retrievalMode, DateTime startRange, DateTime endRange) at Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityManager.GetActivitiesForContact(ActivitySortCriteria sortCriteria, IActivityFilterCriteria[] filterCriteria, IActivityFilterCriteria[] userFilterCriteria, Contact contact, DateTime startRange, DateTime endRange, FirstInstanceRestriction showFirstRestiction, Boolean deferInitialLoad) at Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityManager.GetActivitiesForContact(ActivitySortCriteria sortCriteria, IActivityFilterCriteria[] filterCriteria, IActivityFilterCriteria[] userFilterCriteria, Contact contact, DateTime startRange, DateTime endRange, FirstInstanceRestriction showFirstRestiction) at Act.Framework.Activities.ActivityManager.GetActivitiesForContact(Contact contact, FirstInstanceRestriction showFirstRestiction) at OakMerge.DL.ACT.DataAccess.ACTConnection.ReadActivities(DataTable dt, List`1 columns) at OakMerge.DL.ACT.DataAccess.ACTConnection._ReadTable(DataTable dt, List`1 columns) at OakMerge.DL.DataAccess.DAConnection.ReadTable(DataTable dt, List`1 columns) at OakMerge.Engine.Merge.STEngine.LoadSource() --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at OakMerge.Engine.Merge.STEngine.LoadSource() at OakMerge.Engine.Merge.STEngine.RunImpl()

Copper Super Contributor

I have also narrowed down that i cant create an activity after 11pm on the 30/08/2015

Silver Super Contributor

You probably have an activity where the RECURDAYTYPE is a "3" and the RECURDAY is something other than a 1,2 or 3.  The RECURDAY must be a 1,2 or 3 if the RECURDAYTYPE is a "3".  The problem you have is that you can't edit the activity with the UI.  You will need to find the activity in the SQL database using something like SQL Management Studio and then manually delete it.  Hopefully this information and the fact that the activity is probably near 30/08/2015 should make it relatively easy to find.  You could change the column values till you got the combination that produces the recur spec the activity is supposed to have.

Good luck!

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!
Copper Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

thanks for that wellmet, having a look in now, dam thats a lot of tables Smiley Happy

Found it 11.27 pm on the 30/08/2015

ActivityID 23F7EF53-D4CF-4AFB-91FB-1560D17A722A

Dont really know what to do now

Copper Super Contributor

Sam and Wellmet

I deleted the entire row for that activity as it was just one of the test runs of the button code, it appears to have gone now and Sam your code now works, however Task List still does not and i still cant create new activites for next month or beyond unless its by code only

Copper Super Contributor

Sam and Wellmet

Its all good now, there was actually 2 activities i had to delete, now its working smoothly again, and Sam thanks for your help solving the recurring problem that also works now