Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recording Erased Activities

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Recording Erased Activities

Is there a way to get information on activities that have been erased using the SDK?  I noticed History has Erased HistoryTypes, but the table never seems to contain erased Activities.  The Activity table also has an IsDeleted field, and while I see records where IsDeleted is true, when I erase an activity it is removed from the Activities table, so I'm a bit unclear where this setting is coming from.

This brings me back to my question.  How would I be able to get information on erased activities using the SDK?  Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author bconner26
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Re: Recording Erased Activities

Do you want to get a collection of activities that have been deleted or do you want to catch these activities as they occur? For the former you should be able to get  any collection of activities and check the IsDeleted property of the items in the ActivityList, for the latter, the ActivityManager has a pair of events ActivityCleared and DeleteActivityComplete that will pass you the IActivity that has been cleared or deleted respectively. 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author bconner26
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Employee

Do you want to get a collection of activities that have been deleted or do you want to catch these activities as they occur? For the former you should be able to get  any collection of activities and check the IsDeleted property of the items in the ActivityList, for the latter, the ActivityManager has a pair of events ActivityCleared and DeleteActivityComplete that will pass you the IActivity that has been cleared or deleted respectively. 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Copper Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the response.  I was also looking to use it in a SQL statement, using ACTOLE Db 2.0 reader, but I've ran some tests with Erasing activities, and they're being removed from TBL_ACTIVITY instead of being marked as IsDeleted.  Is this supposed to happen?  Am I misunderstanding IsDeleted?

*Edit 8/8/11 10:22 AM*

You can probably disregard that question.  Our Development database is experiencing this issue, but I checked our live database and it works fine, so I suppose there is an issue with the Dev database (I checked that they're same version, which they are).

Thanks again.