Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Record Level Triggers in ACT!

Copper Contributor

Record Level Triggers in ACT!

I just attended a training presentation at my client's location and the trainer showed an interesting capability to set field triggers, a pointer to an external program which can run when certain activities take place against a specified field.  The trainer wasn't aware of a counterpart capability at the record level but I could use this.  That is, can I cause a specified program to run if a user deletes or updates any field in a record?

The path to specifying the field level trigger was Tools | Define Fields | Pick Field ... Set Field Triggers.  We browsed around and, again, didn't see any opportunity for setting record level triggers.

Employee

Re: Record Level Triggers in ACT!

You could always hook your event into the ContactUpdated event or whatever db based event you'd like to trigger your event. I know your having some difficulties with the reference document right now, but once we over come that you'll see there are a whole host of different events that fire at the occurrence of many different events.

Within the application there's no functionality that accomplishes this. Other than what you've been shown. 

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator