Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

RELATION BETWEEN VRP_COMANY AND VRP_CONTACT

RELATION BETWEEN VRP_COMANY AND VRP_CONTACT

I have a situation where i have contacts that are part of companies (unlinked). I can see the contacts from the company view and I can see the company from the contact.

But when I export the data from the view VRP_COMPANY and VRP_CONTACT, i find that the VRP_COMPANY_ID is blank unless the contact is linked witth the company.

Is there some other one-to-many relation table that defines that relationship. Is there another way of exporting this data.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: RELATION BETWEEN VRP_COMANY AND VRP_CONTACT

There is a relationship table that identifies the static Contact members of a Company, however, that table is not exposed in the current OLEDB Provider.  The reason why is that would only provide one aspect of members, you would be missing the dynamic members based upon query criteria (if you input/defined that).

Having the full Contact membership of both Groups and Companies is something that we are specifically targeting for an upcoming release.  I do not have a time table for that, however.

In the meantime, you could use the ActReader utility (SQL logon account) to access the tables directly.  This will give you the static Contact members (in TBL_COMPANY_CONTACT) but you would still be missing any dynamic members...

Bill Blakey
ACT! Development Team
Sage Software

Copper Elite Contributor

What table are the linked contacts kept in? I'm trying to write a sql query and can't tell using SQL Management studio? Thanks.

Geoffrey B. Boulden
Twelve/Three Marketing, Inc.
Buffalo, NY
ACT!
SageCRM
GoldMine
SQL Certifications
Employee

I believe TBL_COMPANY_CONTACT is what you're looking for.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Employee

Yes, TBL_COMPANY_CONTACT contains the links between contacts and companies.  While this table has no VRP view, it is a view in OLEDB2.  Sage recommends switching to OLEDB2 whenever possible. 

OLEDB 1 will be deprecated in a future version.