Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Products.CreateProduct

Bronze Super Contributor

Products.CreateProduct

I have found the way to add a product into the master product list by...

Me.HostFramework.Products.CreateProduct(Name, ItemNumber, Price, Cost)

Is there a way I can update this product?

Is there a way I can delete this product?

Is there a difference between ACT! 10.11 and ACT 12?

Thanks

-- Jim Durkin 

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Products.CreateProduct

Hi Jim,

Here's how I get a product by a product name with this function:

Public Function GetProduct(ByVal productName As String) As Act.Framework.Opportunities.Product For Each p As Act.Framework.Opportunities.Product In FW.Products.GetProducts(Nothing) If p.Name = productName Then Return p Next Return Nothing End Function

Then I use GetProduct("Test").price = 100 if I want to change its price for example. This has worked so far for me.

As for deleting, I think you can just do FW.Products.DeleteProducts(GetProduct("Test")) . Hope this helps

Hugo Vale
Datastream Custom Solutions
http://www.datastreamcs.com
Avid Listener

Hi Hugovale,

i encountered errors when i tried to do in c#.

public Product GetProduct(string productName) { ActFramework oFram = new ActFramework(); foreach (Product product in oFram.Products.GetProducts(null)) { if (product.Name.Equals(productName)) { return product; } } return null; }

if (oFram.Products.ProductExists(desp)) { DialogResult result = MessageBox.Show("Existing record found !!!, Do you want replace with new record ?", "Yes or No", MessageBoxButtons.YesNo, MessageBoxIcon.Question, MessageBoxDefaultButton.Button2); if (result == DialogResult.Yes) { //get exiting product Product existingProduct = GetProduct(desp); if (existingProduct != null) { oFram.Products.DeleteProducts(existingProduct);

I encounetred error messages Error 59 The best overloaded method match for 'Act.Framework.Opportunities.ProductManager.DeleteProducts(Act.Framework.Opportunities.Product[])' has some invalid arguments \

Thanks,

Jeff.

Copper Super Contributor

Hi Jeff,

In your code, the DeleteProducts method expects an array of products and you are passing a single product. You can either use the DeleteProduct Method from the ACT framework, which accepts only one product as the argument, or create a new array of products and add the one you just retrieved using the GetProducts function.

My guess is that DeleteProducts is actually a typo and you actually wanted to use DeleteProduct. 

Hugo Vale
Avid Listener

Hi HugoVale,

I had solved it by using below code. I cant find deleteproduct in act framework. it always showed deleteproducts.

Thanks,

Jeff.

if (existingProduct != null) { Product[] products = new Product[1]; products[0] = existingProduct; oFram.Products.DeleteProducts(products); }

Copper Super Contributor

Hi Jeff,

I'm glad you worked out. I was under the impression that there was a DeleteProduct overload that took only one product but apparently there isn't. Anyway, you can go even further with that code and delete the product in the following way: 

if (existingProduct != null) { oFram.Products.DeleteProducts(new Product[] { existingProduct }); }

Hope it helps

Hugo Vale
Avid Listener

Hi hugovale

Thanks for your advice and suggestions.

Regards,

Jeff.

Loyal Listener

Now with ACT! 2010 we can add custom product fields (which automatically creates a corresponding field in Opp Product table and is very cool)

But I can't see how we can edit a custom Product field via the SDK or the ACT! GUI for that matter.  We can edit the custom Opp Product field, but not the custom PRODUCT field.

I know that if I use:

Dim product As Opportunities.Product = ACTFM.Products.GetProductByItemNumber(itemNumber)

I can edit the standard fields like this:  product.price=100

But there isn't a Fields Property, even though I can get  

Dim pfd() As Act.Framework.Opportunities.ProductFieldDescriptor

So how do I edit custom PRODUCT fields?

Thanks.

Mike Fortier

Fortier Consulting

mike@fortierconsulting.com