Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

ProductVersionMismatchException when trying to programmatically log in to ACT!10

Tuned Listener

ProductVersionMismatchException when trying to programmatically log in to ACT!10

Hi all,

I'm trying to programatically log into an ACT version 10 database and I'm getting ProductVersionMismatchException. I know there's already a thread for this problem and the solution therein does not work for me. I have checked my references and imports and still no luck. Incidently, the LicenseManager object returns the following:

'ActFwk.LicenseManager.SerialNumber.ToString()) = ""

'ActFwk.LicenseManager.ProductTier.ToString =  "BASIC"

'ActFwk.LicenseManager.GetSerialNumbers.Length.ToString = 0

'ActFwk.LicenseManager.State.ToString = "NONE"

Here is the code I am using:

Imports System

Imports System.Collections.Generic

Imports System.Text

Imports System.Windows.Forms

Imports System.ComponentModel

Imports Act.Framework

Imports Act.UI

Imports Act.Framework.Contacts

Imports Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Core

Private ActApp As ActApplication 'Reference to the ACT! Application

Private ActFwk As New Act.Framework.ActFramework

ActFwk.LogOn("C:\ACT\Act 2008\ActDataBase1.pad", "actuser", "")

If anyone has a clue as to how I might resolve this, it would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Tuned Listener

Re: ProductVersionMismatchException when trying to programmatically log in to ACT!10

I just solved this issue. It turns out I had "Copy Local" set to True for all my act references, when "Copy Local" should have been set to False to force the pulling of the references from the GAC. Sigh.

Cheers,

George

Copper Contributor

Re: ProductVersionMismatchException when trying to programmatically log in to ACT!10

I get the same exception, but alas not for the same reason. All my references already have Copy Local false.