Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with UpdateActivitySeries(..)

Accepted Solution Solved
Bronze Elite Contributor
Accepted Solution

Problem with UpdateActivitySeries(..)

Hi,

I'm trying to clear all the items within a ActivitySeries and used the ActivitySeries.UpdateActivitySeries(ActivitySeries,Guid[]toAdd,Guid[]toRemove) method.

When I call the method as ActivitySeries.UpdateActivitySeries(activitySeries,null,Guid[]toRemove) //pseudoCode!

I get some strange crash out. The method seems to require a Guid[] to insert into the dB and we can use it to remove Items.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug?

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author vivek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Problem with UpdateActivitySeries(..)

Doh! I was being silly! Can't have an ActivitySeries with no Activities! Mind you still have a question that I have answered...what is the sort order for activities within a series!
Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by topic author vivek
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Bronze Elite Contributor

Doh! I was being silly! Can't have an ActivitySeries with no Activities! Mind you still have a question that I have answered...what is the sort order for activities within a series!
Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog
Employee

I haven't looked into activity series vs. recurring activties but if the former works like the latter only a single activity is stored in the database unless some change has occurred to an activity within the reucrrence pattern. So the activties wtihin the recurrence aren't stored at all, this is to reduce the space they consume within the database otherwise a single daily recurring activity would consume an enormous amount of physical space.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator