Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Printing #10 standard envelopes after letters printed from mail merge - 10% defective

Printing #10 standard envelopes after letters printed from mail merge - 10% defective

Running Act! Pro Version 18.1.103.0. Since Windows 10 updates my envelopes seem to be losing a line of type every so often. In a run of 100 envelopes, approximately 10% are defective. There is nothing constant. Sometimes the person's name is missing. Sometimes the city/state is missing. Sometimes their title is missing. I can print 20-30 with no problem and then have a problem with 2 out of the next 5. And have a problem or two in the first 10 and then print fine for the next 20+. Form letters from the mail merge print fine. Using a HP Office Jet Pro 8715. Prior to Windows 10 updates...no problems.

Had geek squad check my Windows printer drivers and spooling. All fine. Have tried breaking up the print run from 100 to 3 sets of 33. Same problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Michael

Administrator

Re: Printing #10 standard envelopes after letters printed from mail merge - 10% defective

Have you checked that these contacts don't have missing data on their records?

Re: Printing #10 standard envelopes after letters printed from mail merge - 10% defective

Hi Jon, Thanks for your reply. Good question. Yes, I confirmed all data in contact report and all data in print review prior to printing. Also, when correcting the problem, on occasion, the same or another error will occur on a reprint. I have learned that by deleting info and retyping same info, or abbreviating info, seems to solve the problem on the reprint.
Administrator

Hmm, I'd recommend doing a quick database maintenance check to make sure theres no corruption in your data.

You can do a check and repair from the tools menu by going to Database Maintenance > Check and Repair...

I'd also recommend double checking your envelope 'format' - make sure that the fields don't overlap at all, leave at least a couple of pixel gap between each field.

Hi Jon, sincerely appreciate your thoughts. I do database maintenance often and especially prior to any print job of 50+. Your suggestion on checking the envelope format is worth checking out. I still think it's connected to Windows 10 updates. Prior to Windows 10...no problem. Thanks!
Highlighted

Update: Decided to deinstall my HP printer and reinstall same printer and all worked fine. No dropped print. Then letter tray was empty and had to add envelopes. Now my HP printer shows #10 envelopes in screen, and I am ready to print envelopes, and after printer cycles, screen says size not correct. No matter what I do, screen size shows incorrect. Went into print properties/paper quality, changed letter to envelope...and still screen size not matched. Help!