Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Plugins Don't Load / DependentDlls.xml

Copper Contributor

Re: Plugins Don't Load / DependentDlls.xml

Thanks for your tips, Len, it fixed mine too. after unblocking the dll and deleting the dependentdll.xml

KH Puah
Solarsys Microsystems Pte Ltd
Email : khpuah@solarsys.com.sg
Tel : (65)63360300
Bronze Elite Contributor

We have a problem from time to time. When a plugin won't load and we delete dependentdlls.xml it still won't load, however if we change the dll name slightly and restart ACT!  it all works. There must be some other record of the name other than dependentdlls.xml. 

Graeme Leo
Xact Software - consultants and developers
Follow us on Twitter and check out our Blog

Bronze Super Contributor

There will be a dependentdll.xml file in each users profile. If you delete dependentdll.xml and restart ACT it will return, always. If it does not are under the wrong profile folder.

-- Jim Durkin

Bronze Elite Contributor

I'll put it another way. If a plugin refuses to load, as you would expect, it is found in dependentdlls.xml. Close ACT! delete dependentdlls.xml. Re-start ACT!, the same happens, the plugin doesn't load. However, close ACT!  rename the plugin, start ACT!  and it will load. 

Graeme Leo

Bronze Super Contributor

I understand what you are saying but my experience is different.  Maybe we can get one of the ACT developers to chime in on this.

Is there a second 'by-pass' mechanism at play?

Thanks

-- Jim

Bronze Elite Contributor

The second bypass is at a machine level not as user profile - Can we have some input from ACT! development team please.

Graeme Leo

Copper Contributor

What do you exactly mean with "Right-click, click Unblock, click Apply and we’re back in business"?

Do you mean I Right-click on the Plugin-DLL, there is the Option "Unblock" and you can click on it?

And the tag <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true" /> you place between the tags <switches>?

I ask because as an Act! partner we have a customer for whom we wrote a Plugin but it does not appear when Act is loaded?

We tried some other plugins which we wrote for ourselve but they also not appear? They are not disabled. They just not there.

We are using Act! 17 Premium on Windows 7.

Our Customer usesAct1 17 Pro on Windows 7.

Highlighted
Copper Contributor

Hi Len.  Any chance of setting out the exact steps you took to resolve this? E.g. What do you mean by set the switch to 4? I have two addins I just can't get to load despite deleting the Dependent.dll file etc.