Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Plugin for Contact Area

Plugin for Contact Area

I wanted to see if anyone could give me some assistance on creating a button in the contact area in ACT.  Once clicked i can create a function to pull in a contacts information or multiple into ACT.  i actually found some good sample code on how to do thsi in the forums, just need some help with the plugin piece to have this button  added and where i can add its events when clicked, possibly starting a function or launching a form that could then do this function i'm looking to create.  Any help is appreciated.

Copper Elite Contributor

Re: Plugin for Contact Area

Do you want to create a button inside the Contact layout? If so, you will need to create a custom control and it goes in the "Tools" folder of Act. It can also be accessed from the layout editor. See this thread: http://community.act.com/t5/Act-Developer-s-Forum/Add-Button/td-p/299147

Ahsan Khalid

Chief Technology Officer
Keystroke Quality Computing Inc.
www.keystroke.ca

Re: Plugin for Contact Area

That would be fine there or even in the menu bar, just as long as they can click on it to start a process.  Would i be able to create a form in visual studio and when they click this button launch a form that could provide additional information to the user and go from there?  If so any help on doing that would be great.