Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Plugin fail to load

Tuned Listener

Plugin fail to load

Do somebody has experienced that after a plugin is deployed  and it fails to load the first time, it is somehow marked and never load even if the error/problem is fixed ?

If i put a dll file into the plugins folder without unblocking it first, act dont load it, even if i unblock the file later, the plugin is never loaded.

I had to change the plugin namespace and generate a new dll with a new name ( as well unblock it first ) to make the plugin work.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Also where can i see some kind of log for the plugin load, how to know why it failed to load,  searched in event viewer but cant find any message about.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Plugin fail to load

lefajardo wrote:

Do somebody has experienced that after a plugin is deployed  and it fails to load the first time, it is somehow marked and never load even if the error/problem is fixed ?

If i put a dll file into the plugins folder without unblocking it first, act dont load it, even if i unblock the file later, the plugin is never loaded.

I had to change the plugin namespace and generate a new dll with a new name ( as well unblock it first ) to make the plugin work.

Am i doing something wrong ?

Also where can i see some kind of log for the plugin load, how to know why it failed to load,  searched in event viewer but cant find any message about.

Hi lefajardo,

This behaviour is correct.

When a plugin fails to load it gets blacklisted by Act!. Unless you take steps to remove this block then it will remain blocked even if the problem is fixed.

The blacklist is called DependentDlls.Xml

It is located in %appdata%\ACT\ACT Data

You can normally just remove the entire file which causes Act! to re-evaluate all plugins on the next startup.

In terms of seeing why it was blocked this is more difficult.

You can read the dependentdlls file we discussed to get some limited information.

You may also be able to launch LogViewer.exe from the Act! installation directory and see if there is an error logged in here.

Other than this it's normally because your plugin caused an unhandled exception and rather than crash Act! just disabled your plugin. Make sure that all of your methods are wrapped in the try/catch/finally blocks as appropriate.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Sam.

Unfortunately I no longer work for Swiftpage International. Please do not send any queries to this account.