01-01-2009 08:52 PM - edited 01-01-2009 09:58 PM
i am having some problem with loading plugin in ACT. here i m writing the complete scenario of my execution.
1. I have developed a class library in C#.NET using framework 2.0
2. I have implemented IPlugin interface methods and display messagebox in each method. and i have done complete exception handling in plugin class.
3. in plugin load method, i added some command bar buttons in Tool menu.
4. I made an installer using Null-Soft software, which place DLLs in "c:/Program Files/Act/Act for windows/Plugins/" path.
5. I run the plugin setup. It installed successfully. then, I run Act!, it display all message boxes that i have placed in Plugin Load method. and it showed the created button in Tool menu successfully without any single error.
6. I checked the "LogView.exe", it displayed no error. and i checked "Dependentdll.xml", my plugin Dlls names were written in this xml file, but my plugin was working fine.
7. then i un-installed the .NET framework 2.0 from my system.
8. after this, Act! didnt run.
9. then i re-install the .NET framework 2.0.
10. Now i run the Act! software. But this time Act! didnt load my plugin. i surprized. I checked the "LogView.exe" again, it displayed no error. my plugin Dlls names were still placed in "DependentDlls.xml" file. i tried to remove these entries from DependentDlls.xml, but Act! created these entries again.
11. then i un-installed and then re-installed my plugin. but it never loaded again.
12. i tried many ways but it didnt load my plugin. the only scenaria i found is that, un-install the Act! software and re-install it. then it will load my plugin.
But i couldnt find out the rout cause analysis of this plroblem that why my plugin didnt loaded on re-installing .net framework 2.0
one thing more.... i tried the same scenario not only with my plugin, but i tried this scenario with "SPEACT" plugin which is available at "http://www.swiftpage.com/plugins_download/SPEACT_6000.exe"
i m using ACT! 2009 version, but this problem occurs on each version.
01-02-2009 09:56 PM
If it was working and you uninstalled .NET 2.0 and reinstalled it and it still doesn't work I'm guessing it's a version compatibility issue with .NET 2.0. I would make sure that you are running the latest service pack of .NET 2.0.
01-04-2009 06:48 AM
Shahid, if you have not done so already, try reading thru Xavier's blog about this subject at:
Also, in the ActSage.exe.config file, try increasing the diagnostic switches up from "1" to "3" for more informational messages, that may help identify the issue.
ACT! Development Team