Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

OpportunityFieldDescriptor problem

Tuned Listener

OpportunityFieldDescriptor problem

Hi All,

I need to do an opportunity lookup based in the field USER6.

To do that, I'm using the GetOpportunities method, so the statement look like this:

Return actFM.Opportunities.GetOpportunities(SortCriteria, IfilterCriteria)

To create the IFilterCriteria I need the opportunityFieldDescriptor for the field USER6, so I'm using

Dim oppfdName as OpportunityFieldDescriptor = actFM.Opportunities.GetOpportunityFielsDescriptor( _

"TBL_OPPORTUNITY.USER6, True).

This allways return NOTHING, no matter field from TB_OPPORTUNITY  I use.

Does anybody have any tip on this ?

Employee

Re: OpportunityFieldDescriptor problem

[ Edited ]

I think this post may be helpful, also doing it as a lookup will make it possible to capture the IOpportunitySource incase you need to set the lookup programmatically.

An after thought I had, opportunities use MutableEntityFieldDescriptor

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Tuned Listener

Re: OpportunityFieldDescriptor problem

Hi Matthew,

Thanks a lot, MutableEntityFieldDescriptor  did the trick.

Below is the working code to find an opportunity based in a USER field, in case it can help someone with the same issue.

Function FindOpportunity(ByVal What As String) As Act.Framework.Opportunities.OpportunityList
        'Looks up an Opportunity by User6 field
        Dim oField As Act.Framework.MutableEntities.MutableEntityFieldDescriptor = _
            actFM.Opportunities.GetMutableEntityFieldDescriptor("TBL_OPPORTUNITY.USER6", True)
        If Not oField Is Nothing Then
            'Create the lookup
            Dim lookup As Act.Framework.Lookups.OpportunityLookup
            lookup = actFM.Lookups.LookupOpportunitiesReplace(What, Act.Framework.Lookups.OperatorEnum.EqualTo, oField)
            'execute the lookup
            Dim oList As Act.Framework.Opportunities.OpportunityList = lookup.GetOpportunities(Nothing)
            'return the list
            Return oList
        End If
        Return Nothing
    End Function

Function FindOpportunity(ByVal What As String) As Act.Framework.Opportunities.OpportunityList

'Looks up  Opportunities by User6 field

Dim oField As Act.Framework.MutableEntities.MutableEntityFieldDescriptor = _  

actFM.Opportunities.GetMutableEntityFieldDescriptor("TBL_OPPORTUNITY.USER6", True)

If Not oField Is Nothing Then          

'Create the lookup          

Dim lookup As Act.Framework.Lookups.OpportunityLookup

lookup = actFM.Lookups.LookupOpportunitiesReplace(What, Act.Framework.Lookups.OperatorEnum.EqualTo, oField)

'execute the lookup

Dim oList As Act.Framework.Opportunities.OpportunityList = lookup.GetOpportunities(Nothing)

'return the list

Return oList

End If

Return Nothing

End Function

Thanks again for the tip.