Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opportunieties

Tuned Listener

Opportunieties

Hello

I have a question. I need to check any data in outer application during creating/updating opportunities in ACT! (ver. 2011). I would like to know when user add any position to edited opportunity (eg products) or during saving opportunity (new or existed earlier). And if any problems occur - abort saving process). “Update” event has no parameter “cancel”.

Employee

Re: Opportunieties

The Update() method commits the data in the UI to the database, it's not possible to cancel once an update has occurred.

If I'm understanding correctly you need to do data verification prior to the creation/editing of an opportunity and would like to do this based on user events. If this is the case, the updated() event would probably be the best thing to hook into, I'm not 100% if this also monitors adding products to an existing opportunity as products are a subentity of opportunities, but I would think that it would.

If we also need to monitor for the creation of new opportunities then the OpportunityManager class has an event for that as well.

HTH

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator
Tuned Listener

the problem is that i need to check any data which are used by user during opportunity editing process. So I should check correction of data before opportunity will be saved. I can get information from other application on-line.

Best regards

B.

Employee

[ Edited ]

If it's at the field level that you need to monitor data entry, then fields have changed events that you could monitor, these would occur prior to the opportunity updating, at either event you could alert the user that what they've entered is invalid, and set the field to null. If you also set this as a required field it'd be impossible for the user to move to a new opportunity without valid data in the current entry.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator