Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Open a .NET windows form from Contact Main screen

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have one query regarding ACT plugin.

I want to add a button in ACT Contact Main screen (Besides Zip code textbox).

When user clicks on that button, I want to open a windows form which will be a zip code search screen with grid in it.

When user selects any of the zip code and clicks 'OK' button on that form I want to return that value to Contact Screen and want to show that value in 'Zip code textbox'.

It is somewhat similar to how user selects 'Mobile Phone number'. But I want to do it using custom .NET windows form.

Can anyone please let me know how I can achieve this?

Best Regards,

Hrushikesh.

Copper Super Contributor

Re: Open a .NET windows form from Contact Main screen

Hi Hrushikesh,

You need to create a custom control that is going to be consumed by the contact layout. You should look at the customcontrol sample that comes with the ACT SDK.

After compiling your project and copy the resulting dll to the tools folder, you should see a new control under the custom controls tab on the toolbox, when designing the layout for a contact (Tools\Design layout\Contact)

Hugo Vale
Datastream Custom Solutions
http://www.datastreamcs.com
Copper Contributor

Hi All,

I have one query regarding ACT plugin.

I want to add a button in ACT Contact Main screen (Besides Zip code textbox).

When user clicks on that button, I want to open a windows form which will be a zip code search screen with grid in it.

When user selects any of the zip code and clicks 'OK' button on that form I want to return that value to Contact Screen and want to show that value in 'Zip code textbox'.

It is somewhat similar to how user selects 'Mobile Phone number'. But I want to do it using custom .NET windows form.

Can anyone please let me know how I can achieve this?

Best Regards,

Hrushikesh.