Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Obtaining the SDK

Obtaining the SDK

Hello, I am a hard time obtaining the SDK for Act! 2007 (9.0). I have a client that I am writing an application that will syncronize data from QuickBooks

Could someone provide me with a link to the SDK download? (I looked in developer downloads but to no avail)

Thanks,

Rob

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Obtaining the SDK

or call customer service and bug them if you have a download problem. its free but they may not know that
-MM
World Famous ACT! Certified Consultant @ www.ActiveSales.net

Thank you for your reply. I had downloaded the actsdk9.zip from the link you had posted, yet while the zip contains all the relevant docs and even sample code the actual librarys (DLL, assemblies)  are not included. Do I grab these off the clients CD? or ar they installed in the GAC when you install ACT!?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob
Tuned Listener

The product is the SDK. You can pull the DLLs right off the product CD. Just copy the files from the Global Assembly Cache folder on the ACT! CD to your hard drive for local reference to build against.

Thanks! I appreciate your help. Rob
Copper Contributor

One additional note:

If you want to be backwards compatible you need to get the earliest assemblies that you'd like to support.

EX:
If you want your plugin to work for version 8.0+ you need to build your application/framework off the earliest build of version 8.0 assemblies.
Then you should be able to use your program in all versions after 8.0 (9.0 and 10.0) as long as you use the only the supported assemblies.

Developers should build applications only against the supported ACT! SDK assemblies, as follows.

• Framework assemblies:
    Act.Devices.Entities
    Act.Devices.Synchronization
    Act.Framework
    Act.Framework.ComponentModel.Core
    Act.Framework.DataExchange
    Act.Framework.DataExchange.OutlookSync
    Act.Framework.DataExchange.PalmReader
    Act.Framework.StandaloneActivityRecurUtility
    Act.Framework.Synchronization
    Act.Shared.Collections
    Act.Shared.ComponentModel
    Act.Shared.Diagnostics
• UI assemblies:
    Act.UI
    Act.UI.Core

Other ACT! assemblies exist, but are not supported or maintained for compatibility.
Future versions of ACT! may include non‐compatible versions of these assemblies.
Developers should not depend on any DLL’s or EXE’s that ACT! installs other than the
supported assemblies listed above. Unsupported DLL’s and EXE’s may change or be
removed.

Carlton Jones
Sage Software