Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

OLEDB Connection String. Actv16- Not able to contact database table from external app

OLEDB Connection String. Actv16- Not able to contact database table from external app

[ Edited ]

Hello Team,

We are a regular user of ACT and since we tried to do compactible testing with our application with ACT v16 2014 we are not sure what connection string is appropriate for it.

NOTE:we have a application which will support PIM driver as ACT driver and which will be storing all the contacts for our application.when evr a call comes or for an outgoing call ,ACT should lunch with the particular configured number details.(contacts popup)

DIal By name: right now the problem is dial by  name is not working .

it is throwing that act table is not contacted and ACT reporting 2.0 error

So probably I am guessing abt the connection string.May be you can help us regarding this. asap

MORE INFO:

while seraching a name or number it is resulting below:

starts seraching for 101
stquery is SELECT *FROM VRP_CONTACT WHERE (CONTACT Phone)='101'(CONTACT Mobile Phone)='101' ...
Error :Invalid table name in ACT!OleDB Provider for Reporting 2.0

Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: OLEDB Connection String. Actv16- Not able to contact database table from external app

VRP_Contact is a view available through the now obsoleted OLEDB1 provider - change your statement to point to the Contact table not VRP_contact, also will need to change your column references.  

Re: OLEDB Connection String. Actv16- Not able to contact database table from external app

Hello Alduet,

Many Thanks for the reply .Atleast this will motivate me and proceed little further where I was struct since 1 week Smiley Sad As this is really necessary for out client ALCATEL.

I got the thing as u mentioned and one problem while opening the ACT 2014 created database file(.pad) is, we use a connection string as below

Provider=ACTOLEDB.1;Data Source=" & "C:\Documents and Settings\jaakhtar\My Documents\ACT\ACT Data\Databases\actfinal1.pad" & ";User Id=" & "actfinal1" & ";Password=" & "actfinal1"

the above id and password is just for dummy values.

The provider  filed what I pointed out is it correct ? or Do we need to add any other reference ? As this  provider generates a dll called (actoledb.dll) which was not available initially but I copied from 2013 database bin directory and registered it using regsvr32.

How am I proceeding Is it the right way ? or Do I need to give ACTOLEDB2.1  or ACTOLEDB2.0  as provider ?

As per my connection string what I used to open the database(through other means using OpenOffice.Base after registering actoledb.dll) I didnt able to find any table name nither as CONTACT nor as VRP_CONTACT .

Would you like to give any suggestion ?

Thanks in Advance

Employee

If you're building against Act v16 (2014), then you'll need to use the OLEDB2.0 as the 1.0 provider is now obsolete and you shouldn't need to add any additional references.

Matthew Wood
Act! SDK Support
Community Moderator

Hello Team,

Where can I get the xact modification done for ACT database table column refrences .As informed by you the column names have been changed in ACT 2014 .So In our code we have to use the same to fetch the datas .

Will You please guide us regarding this.

We needed CONATCT table information.

Hello Team,

I was expecting a reply or solution to my above question (Regarding CONATCT Table column references) .My client is in a Hurry and they want it to be delivered soon.

Please Help me regarding this asap.Its been already more than a week time I struct in this issue.

For the question I asked you can see the above query I posted yestrday.

Thanks in Advance

Bronze Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

AreyoutryingtoquerytheactDBusingtheOLEDBdriver?

1) You can connect directly to the DB using Visual Studio or any other similar development environment.

2) We have a beta of a query builder for act.
           Use this link to download: Download Query Builder

Here is the help Topic: Query Builder

3) Using the ActDiag.exe you can run reports of the schema. Look in the root folder of the act!.exe file

Hope this helps

-- Jim Durkin