Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

OLEDB 2.0, Activity view, "Failed to parse SQL" error

Copper Contributor

OLEDB 2.0, Activity view, "Failed to parse SQL" error

Hello,

We have two separate users who are receiving this error message on any query on the ACTIVITY view in the 2.0 OLE/DB provider. Everything else with the provider appears to be fine - there are no connection problems, and all other views are working normally.

1. The first user is running 15.1.108.0 premium. SQL queries sent from multiple apps (Excel, Stonefield Query) give the error. The actdemo database doesn't give the error, so it appears to be specific to the database. None of the actdiag repair or reindex functions resolves the problem. I can reproduce the problem on my own act 15.1 instance by restoring a database backup here.

As a test, I restored the database into an act 16.0 system, and the error does not appear there. From this, I thought that maybe the database update process did something to fix the problem. So in the 15.1 system, I ran the "downgrade from premium" function in actdiag, and then re-opened the database. After act re-updated the database to premium, the error is no longer appearing.

What exactly is done in the "downgrade from premium" function? Is there anything lost by downgrading the database and then immediately upgrading it back to premium?

2. The second user is running act 16 hotfix 4. Their issue appears to be the exact same - all queries on the Activity view fail, while all other views work fine.

Is there any known issue with the provider that might be the cause of this error? I can provide a backup of an empty copy of the first user's database, which will display the issue if it's restored into a 15.1 system.

Thanks,

- Rob

mj1

Re: OLEDB 2.0, Activity view, "Failed to parse SQL" error

Hi Rob, did you get an answer on this one? Exact problem here for me but I have remote databases so would prefer not to downgrade and upgrade.

Matt

Bronze Super Contributor

Can you post the SQL statement which is failing?

-- Jim Durkin

mj1

Hi JIm,

I have been running Stonefield Query but have downloaded trial of impact reports. Get same error in both so guessing it is database related.

I submit a support ticket. This is from the log file from Impact Reports, is this what you are after?

Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.PRC_CLR_GET_ACTIVITIES'.

On this select statement:

Select ACTIVITY.PRIORITY, ACTIVITY.ACTIVITY_TYPE, ACTIVITY.CREATE_DATE, ACTIVITY.DETAILS, ACTIVITY.DURATION, ACTIVITY.EDIT_DATE, ACTIVITY.END_DATE_TIME, ACTIVITY.IS_INVITATION_SENT, ACTIVITY.LAST_EDITED_BY, ACTIVITY.LOCATION, ACTIVITY.ORGANIZER, ACTIVITY.PRIVATE, ACTIVITY.RECORD_CREATOR, ACTIVITY.REGARDING, ACTIVITY.START_DATE_TIME, ACTIVITY.IS_PRIVATE, ACTIVITY.CLEARED From ACTIVITY WHERE ACTIVITY.ACTIVITY_TYPE='Call' AND (ACTIVITY.START_DATE_TIME BETWEEN '2014/04/29' AND '2014/05/01' )

My Impact! version is:
Impact: 5.1.0.10 

Thanks,

Matt

Bronze Super Contributor

Matt,

I would see that procedural error in older DB which were upgraded thru the years including the ACTDemo201x databases.

There is a DB fixer which was released in December for v15.1 and 16.0. Have you tried to run it.

DB Fixer 1510 and 1600 KB

Fixes in these programs are included in 16.1. Have you upgraded to 16.1 to test?

Let me know your results.

-- Jim Durkin

mj1

Thanks Jim, ran the fixer but no luck.

Haven;t updated to 16.1. I'm an end user, might talk to my support team about that. Can;t see a download for 16.1 on the act! site.

Matt

Bronze Super Contributor

The v16 SP1 is only currently available to ACCs and will be released to the public next week.

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
mj1

Great, hopefully that will solve the problem. I'll install and report back.

Copper Contributor

Curious if anyone found a resolution to this Procedure_call error accessing Activities.  Did upgrading to SP1 solve the problem?

Thanks,

Louise

Louise Wiedermann
Project Technology Consulting
www.projektek.com
LW@projektek.com
636-675-0226
mj1

Hi Louise, no resolution at this stage. SP1 did not solve the problem. Suggestion I have had is to create a new database and import all data from existing database which we will look in to. Not being able to run reports is causing workflow issues for us.