Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

OLE Error

Highlighted

Re: OLE Error

Hmm...I am using the SDK for this.  Basically, I have 2 databases I would like to have associated with ACT Instance of SQL and ideally, back up with the act backup.  Right now, I am having to install a seperate SQL express instance and a manual backup.

Any way to do this where things don't get deleted?

Larry

Silver Super Contributor

I don't know.  I haven't ever tried to use the ACT7 instance to create a non-ACT! database.  If I were doing the project I would probably just use another instance like you have and automate the backup process.  I don't really know what you're doing so I can't say that for sure but it would seem like the way to go.  You could also use some other database system for the tables you are creating that wouldn't have the overhead of another SQL instance.  Something like Firebird perhaps.

Stan

If you would like to get more out of ACT! you can find an ACT! Certified Consultant near you by going to:www.act.com/acc.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stan Smith
ACT! Certified Consultant
ADS Programming Services, Inc.
(205) 222-1661
www.adsprogramming.com
www.actwebhosting.com
Click Here to Purchase Act!

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to include it in the act 7 instance...otherwise yes, am going to automate the backup.

Larry

Copper Contributor

Hi Stan

Seeing this with v21 Premium 
|

The 'ACTOLEDB.1' provider is not registered on the local machine.

any suggestions to resolve 

Bron