Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Newbie who knows nothing about SDK but needs help

Nickel Contributor

Newbie who knows nothing about SDK but needs help

Hello all.

I am not an expert in SDK. In fact, I know nothing.  I am trying to go through some of the terms and how it works now.

What I am trying to do is 3 things:

1) I want to target a contact field when it changes.  If a contact field changes,  copy this value to the clipboard AND execute an outside application.

a) I just need a simple example. 

2) I am also interested in finding out how to "push data" back into any contact field.

3) Finally, I am interested in dynamically adding groups and subgroups to group/company lists without ACT! being open. 

I know that I might be asking too much and that I should learn more before I ask, but, hey, I might as well give it a shot.

Even if it's simple, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You,

-P

Bronze Elite Contributor

Re: Newbie who knows nothing about SDK but needs help

Hi patgen,

I don't think it is possible to capture individual field events but hopefully I am wrong in this! Maybe Carlton could correct me see the discussion: http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Pub_Dev&message.id=472

There is a FieldEventsAttribute with a ctor taking 3 strings. I presume that they are most probably paths to extrnal apps, so you could append the GetValue().ToString() to that string with '+= ' and your 3rd party app could take that in as a commandline param?

2. myContactFieldDescriptor.SetValue(oContact, "myValue");

3. Not too sure I fully follow this question. I usually write Framework apps for batch updaing and plugins for dynamic updating. but you could statically add a contact to a group using the oFramework.Groups.UpdateContactStaticMembership(myContact,grpListToRemoveFrom,grpListToAddTo);

HTH

Vivek

Vivek Gargav
Caldere Associates Ltd.
www.caldere.com
vgargav@caldere.com
My Blog