05-16-2008 11:02 PM
I am not an expert in SDK. In fact, I know nothing. I am trying to go through some of the terms and how it works now.
What I am trying to do is 3 things:
1) I want to target a contact field when it changes. If a contact field changes, copy this value to the clipboard AND execute an outside application.
a) I just need a simple example.
2) I am also interested in finding out how to "push data" back into any contact field.
3) Finally, I am interested in dynamically adding groups and subgroups to group/company lists without ACT! being open.
I know that I might be asking too much and that I should learn more before I ask, but, hey, I might as well give it a shot.
Even if it's simple, I would greatly appreciate it.
05-20-2008 08:45 AM
I don't think it is possible to capture individual field events but hopefully I am wrong in this! Maybe Carlton could correct me see the discussion: http://community.act.com/sage/board/message?board.id=Pub_Dev&message.id=472
There is a FieldEventsAttribute with a ctor taking 3 strings. I presume that they are most probably paths to extrnal apps, so you could append the GetValue().ToString() to that string with '+= ' and your 3rd party app could take that in as a commandline param?
2. myContactFieldDescriptor.SetValue(oContact, "myValue");
3. Not too sure I fully follow this question. I usually write Framework apps for batch updaing and plugins for dynamic updating. but you could statically add a contact to a group using the oFramework.Groups.UpdateContactStaticMembership(myContact,grpListToRemoveFrom,grpListToAddTo);